Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

I have now completed all the easy Application cracking ones and decided to try a medium.

I opened number 4 with OllyDbg and searched for all referenced text strings but could not find the password in there.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

0 0

Sorry, but I am new to Hacking and OllyDBG and I do not know what those things are, whether they are different programs or features in Olly

0 0

You can see the password plain as day in OllyDbg. Just scroll and use your eyes, don't rely on the search function.

0 0

Ok i got it. I didn't think to enter it in the program though :angry:

0 0

i see like 20 different things that say DDpassword: 23234234. is there just one individual one taht stands out by itself?

EDIT: Nevermind i figured it out, lol. easy

0 0

LiquidMetal wrote: EDIT: Nevermind i figured it out, lol. easy Alright, quit fucking posting in the App threads until you've actually taken some time to figure it out on your own.

0 0

There's a reply in the App3 thread that tells you basically the simplest method of using Olly. Use that same method, roughly not the exact method, it works for quite a few of the App challenges.

0 0

Yep… so many of these can be done just having decent knowledge of OllyDBG and JMP/JNP commands.

I don't think there's anything else that need be said about this challenge… let's leave it open for people that need help to post. After actually trying the challenge, of course.