Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

hmmm. got it open with Olly - see the part where it says ihavnolife but can't change it. Am I thinking right here?

Or should I be looking for a VB-decompiler?

hackerbabe

0 0

OK

I opened with the hex editor but can't find the text ihavnolife in it anywhere so thats why I moved onto Olly. I'll try again…

Thx:)

0 0

ive opened using hhd hex editor and found were it says the message i have changed it to i.c.r.a.c.k.e.d.i.t but nofing works it just says ?????????? in the app any help?

0 0

okay i have found ihavenolife and changed it and everything works except for the "r" its a ? umm any idea to what is wrong?

0 0

if u replace the text with icrackedit it should work……

0 0

i did change it, saved it, opened it there was standing crackedit in the box but when i pressed the button…. nothing happened… does it still work? or is it me…

0 0

The problems many face when using hex editors is that the end of the string is not terminated properly.

Quick, Dirty, Easy way using ollydbg

Use OllyDbg, invest a little time in it as it will benefit you rather the quick fixes.

1. Open up the program in ollydbg >> File >> open
  2. Right Click in the CPU window and select [Search For] >> [All referenced text strings]
  3. using the cursor keys, try and find the place where the text that you want to change is
  4. Double click on the text, and it will take you to a line that references the text.
  5. You should now be seeing something like "PUSH App3, xxxxxxx", what this means is that the string at address xxxxxx will be pushed to the stack (address xxxxx will contain the actual string, this is indirect memory addressing).
  6. Right click on that line and select [Follow in Dump] > [Immediate Constant] and it will take you to the text (in the dump window of ollydbg).
  7. In the dump window, highlight the text you want to edit, right click, and select [Binary] >> [Edit]
  8. you can now EDIT the UNICODE String and put your own one in there

Believe me, do this a couple of times and you will master the method in moments :p

At least if you do it this way, you will figure out the following:-

• How to install ollydbg
  • How to open a program using ollydbg
  • how to search for string references
  • How to edit string references (temporarily)
  • how to run the program under ollydbg

0 0

i'm putting in the new text, but i dont know how to save it and apply it to tthe program through olldbgr :wow:

0 0

… That's because you have no idea how to use OllyDBG. Really, it's not difficult; make the change, then do the obvious thing.

0 0

i figured it out man. i was just not thinking