Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

App Extra...

0 0

Well I've been looking at this for quite a while. I've looked through all the code, trying to figure out how it works. I added breakpoints checked dump and havnt really gotten anywhere. Anyone think they could point me in to which direction I should go with this app. Thanks

-TrueHacker

0 0

It's a tough one ^^ I have problems with it too… But I guess that's why it's called 'Extra' :D

0 0

it's not really that hard.

the thing that makes this "hard" is because the answer isn't what you think it is. the program is really just making sure your password matches a set of rules and not …

i think that's enough.

0 0

heh, that is more than enough information. I had a pain getting the answer for the challenge (I used similar approaches to the ones you are using). I think the challenge is more of a "Thinking outside the box" than an advaced cracking mission.

0 0

Any more pointers plz…..

0 0

phoenix' pointer should be enough. If it isn't, try to vieuw the programs workflow, HOW it checks your input. Then search in the asm for some code that would be able to do this. Profile and search ;)

If you don't got it now, then I suggest reading up on assembly. In my opinion, this is a huge spoiler.

0 0

I cracked it by figuring out a password that is correct (not by changing any asm code), but all i'm getting is 'your answer is not what we were looking for'!!!!! Are there many passwords or what?

0 0

Are you sure it's correct?

0 0

When I enter it in the app it says that I have cracked it. Now I have figured out 3 more letter combinations that work.

But anyway I think I have the correct one now (went through a bit more of the asm code) and I'm waiting on the answer.

So that means there is lots of different letter combinations that will work on the app, but only one will be accepted by HBH….A bit odd I think, seeing as though they didn't mention anything like that on the app briefing (?)I don't think(?).

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

WizardOfAus wrote: When I enter it in the app it says that I have cracked it. Now I have figured out 3 more letter combinations that work.

But anyway I think I have the correct one now (went through a bit more of the asm code) and I'm waiting on the answer.

So that means there is lots of different letter combinations that will work on the app, but only one will be accepted by HBH….A bit odd I think, seeing as though they didn't mention anything like that on the app briefing (?)I don't think(?).

pm me with what you got