Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

I've opened this with both Olly and XVI32. I'm lost, can anyone give me a hint or a push in the right direction.

0 0

please?

0 0

Yeah, please?

0 0

I've opened it with notepad to. I KNow it has something to do with a date. Can someone help please.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Ok, you are all wrong, no, it don't have anything to do with a date, and no it's not done in a hex editor either, the right way to do this is to build a brute forcer using a language you know, e.g C++, and try and brute force the app

0 0

how many decimals are we talkin?

0 0

ugh.. i made a script in pascal that checks from 1.10000 to 9.99999 … but it takes like 11 days or some shit :( anyone know any faster ways?

0 0

Ummm… I haven't actually finished this one yet… But when I write my script I'mma start with 1-9… then 1.0-9.9… then 1.01-9.99… and so on and so forth… Seeing as we don't know how many decimals we're talkin here… It seems like the most logical approach to me…

0 0

Or instead of writing a brute-forcer for something as simple as this, you could simply use the tools at hand (namely OllyDBG/WinDBG/Ida Pro and find what it's actually checking for.

The only thing that stops this from being 'too easy' is that it's staticly linked with Borland's standard C++ library.

0 0

I just solve it with Olly…. Seems easy.. if you find the correct CMP…. which is very near to "….you beat my application" string….

My only note is that the number is far from the range 1 to 10!!!! but it passed!! :evil:

0 0

Thiseas wrote: I just solve it with Olly…. Seems easy.. if you find the correct CMP…. which is very near to "….you beat my application" string….

My only note is that the number is far from the range 1 to 10!!!! but it passed!! :evil:

hmm… I've found the right CMP, and have been debugging for hours, but still no seeing it. lol … I've probably overlooked it countless times. Im new to cracking, so I'd like to solve this challenge without write a brute-forcer. Any clues to where-as to look? or What I might be missing? Thanks. :)

0 0

….. possibly the easiest app challenge there?

Just use Olly and find what it checks for. It is a basic cmp against a static value.

For all those bruting from 1 to 10…. that appers to to be a blatent lie. Debugging is the way to go.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Thiseas wrote: My only note is that the number is far from the range 1 to 10!!!!

Well actually, for some reason every one thinks I mean 1 and 10 as in the hole numbers, I meant it as in 1 and 10 characters, I guess I threw a lot of people off though :happy:

0 0

Well actually, for some reason every one thinks I mean 1 and 10 as in the hole numbers, I meant it as in 1 and 10 characters, I guess I threw a lot of people off though

So the app i worked for absoulutly ages on, that checks 1-10, then 1.0 - 10.0 and is currently on 5.72632 is useless?

…:|…:|…chuchuk…BANG…:xx:

0 0

Grr this one makes me mad :xx: I just don't find anything… Hints, anyone?

0 0

You could find where it makes the final comparison to give you right or wrong, and see what it's checking. If you know how to make a brute forcer(batch would be the easiest) you could do that too.

0 0

at 0*40**62..? I see a comparison but I don't know how to see the values… :(

0 0

You are in the right place…..

Try lobbing a low number into the crackme (say 5 for e.g.).

Use Olly and look at the compare you mention…. you should notice something….. note that the compare is against a STATIC value

Now try putting a slightly higer number in (say 10 for e.g.) and you should see the compare again.

You should then know how to find the number you are looking for. This is all about understanding a number system with a base other than 10 (i.e. decimal)

0 0

GRRRRRR… Found the comparison and password (in the other base system) within five minutes, but because of my bad eyesight thought a 8 was a S and spent over an hour on it…