Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

App 10 help

The Manager
0 0

I need some help on APP 10. I am not versed in OllyDBG but I am learning. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to find the key to enter into the box? I am having trouble figuring out how to get it.

The Manager
0 0

I have looked at that article. Worked on App 10 and still am getting no where. I have a list of the keys it sent back with a, b, c, d, e and A.

I see a small pattern but not one that is jumping out at me. A little bigger clue would help me out greatly.

0 0

You know in movies, when they're cracking passwords (lol), and how they always do them one letter at a time?

Trying not to give too much away…

The Manager
0 0

So basically you are telling me to bruteforce it?

*Edit: Now I am really lost. I entered in a few more lines…then entered in e again and got a different string… :(

0 0

umm, no.. Poo, I am crap at explaining things aren't I.

The key it's checking against is like thus XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, each XX represents an ascii character (all lowercase btw), you just need to work from start to finish getting each XX to match that of the key it checks against.

XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th (character)

If I spoil too much, please let me know.

The Manager
0 0

okay I am working…sigured that part out…now just trying to figure out the letters! lol

*EDIT: Note that the program is a little buggy! I got about 10 different answers that said I was correct!!! lmfao

0 0

yeah lol so did i, but it says that mine is invalid on the hbh site :(

0 0

EDIT: Yea its just broken. The right answer doesn't work. Wasn't that hard either.. Shoulda been Medium