Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Problem with OllyDbg!

0 0

I've read some tutorials about cracking apps with Olly, but everytime i try to open an application, either by dragging it into Olly, or using the "Open" function, it will write the following in the bottom of the screen:

"Acces violation when writing to [00000010] - use … "

And then when i click the "Search For -> All referenced text strings" it opens a windows with the name "Text string referenced in ntdll:.text" and here i were supposed to see the error messages and such, but instead i have a really huge list with things like "UNICODE "\Registry\Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\"" and things like that… i cant find the error messages anywhere, what is wrong???

The things happened with different programs, including the first application challenge (app1.exe)

0 0

Wierd one, sounds like olly has not loaded the application as ntdll is in main memory.

open ollydbg and try these options:-

[Options] > [Debugging Options]

[SFX] Tick - Stop at entry of self extractor [SFX] Tick - Use real entry from previous run

[Exceptions] Tick - Ignore memory access violations in kernel 32

Failing that, try downloading a fresh copy of ollydbg v1.1 what OS are you using?