Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Ok so I've downloaded PEiD and it's telling me the application is written in Visual Basic 5/6.

Does anyone know any good decompilers out there?

10 9

Ollydgb or immunity debugger are not bad, but can sometimes have a few issues with visual basic, or use someting more orientated towards visual basic like VB Reformer.

0 0

You may use IDA Pro thumbs up

0 0

I just wanted to point out that I was able to complete this challenge only using my linux terminal with tools that come with all linux distros. I cannot post what command I used per the forum rules, but if you know programming and how passwords are generally stored in a program it won't be hard to figure out and is incredibly easy to use and find the password. I wish i could provide more information to help others in this situation, but I don't want to be banned.

10 9

Nobody would be banned for posting spoilers man, you're not expected to approach these like you're in exam conditions.

There was always too much emphasis placed on the competition side of things and the points on offer, and never enough effort made on explaining the different techniques, and methods people used to complete them.

There will probably be a section on the new site where you can post your challenge solutions and share them with the rest of the community.