Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

App 8 finding decompiler

0 0

At first I was completely stumped on here when I needed to do more, then after looking at hints, I found out I needed a visual basic decompiler to finish this mission.

After a bit at googling, I founded one decompiler that didn't let me edit information, then I found another which did, but changed it into a format that didn't work (tried saving it as .exe didn't work, even downloaded visual basic so I can recompile it into .exe it failed).

Anyone know a free decompiler that is sufficient enough for application 8 or am I doing this all wrong?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

I believe I used OllyDbg.

EDIT: By the way, a small amount of knowledge about assembly language can be helpful as well for recognizing important parts of the program.

0 0

You can use Olly for the entire mission but, if you choose to use a Visual Basic disassembler, the trial versions don't let you change anything, you can only look with them. Download hiew32 to make changes.

0 0

kenneth_nap wrote: You can use Olly for the entire mission but, if you choose to use a Visual Basic disassembler, the trial versions don't let you change anything, you can only look with them. Download hiew32 to make changes.

How gay =\ well I can either torrent the origional version, pay $80 to finish a mission on here (lol), or I can learn assembly.

I'll take option #3 thank you :D (after I do some more studying in networking)

0 0

I know very basic assembly, and I was able to beat app 1- 15. You should take a stab at it. It's amazing what you learn when you get your hands dirty.