Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

app16 not unambiguous

0 0

Hi there,

I found several solutions to app16. It says succes and gives me an pass. They don't work at the solution page. Anyone got the same? Hope this doesn't tun out as a guessing game like java 16 ;).

Greetz

0 0

I don't think so, maybe you cut a part of the algoritm so that false answers are generated and not false positives! ;) Remember that this is not a patching challenge! ;)

By the way, I think that it is too early to open a thread about this challenge in the forum!

0 0

Hi,

454447415244 wrote: I don't think so, maybe you cut a part of the algoritm so that false answers are generated and not false positives! ;) Remember that this is not a patching challenge! ;)

I used the original binary without any patches and got a lot of solutions but posting some of them here would probably spoil the challange. It's quite clear to me that the aim of this challange is not to get the "success" message but to find the pw ;).

What did u find to doubt my statement?

454447415244 wrote: By the way, I think that it is too early to open a thread about this challenge in the forum!

What does that mean? I don't even know when app16 was introduced? For what should I wait?

Greetz

0 0

App 16 is the newest challenge (see the list of new challenges on the home page), so we dont want hints being released just yet, we wanna give everyone a chance to try it on their own without any spoilers.

Take me for example, im stuck as hell with it, but the lack of help on the forums is forcing me to push on with it and try and get to the bottom of the challenge. Eventually I'll either get it or need help, and once everyone has given it a good go, threads will start to appear. There is no finite time scale for this, its just whenever it feels right to the admin viewing the thread.

0 0

jjbutler88 wrote: App 16 is the newest challenge (see the list of new challenges on the home page), so we dont want hints being released just yet, we wanna give everyone a chance to try it on their own without any spoilers.

I'm perfectly agreeā€¦ is too early to post things about this chall.

0 0

Hi,

sorry the discussion is running out of track now. My question was if anyone has got false positives too. If someone hasn't found a pass until now, he sure can't answer that question.

I didn't give any hint for that challange and if somewone doesen't want to get information about app 16 - just don't read the thread as I think the subject is quite clear. If any of the admins doesn't like this, feel free to delete it.

Sorry but I still can't understand what's wrong with this thread at this time.

Greetz

You Like this!
90 0

bandi999 wrote: Hi,

sorry the discussion is running out of track now. My question was if anyone has got false positives too. If someone hasn't found a pass until now, he sure can't answer that question.

I didn't give any hint for that challange and if somewone doesen't want to get information about app 16 - just don't read the thread as I think the subject is quite clear. If any of the admins doesn't like this, feel free to delete it.

Sorry but I still can't understand what's wrong with this thread at this time.

Greetz

It's too early to give out hints, and i don't think anyone has completed it except for system. so even if you need hints, he is prob the only one can give hints.