Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

★ Web Server ★ Reverse Proxy ★

0 0

I will be implementing another website and I would like other members to follow-up with me on the sites security. This time I would like to integrate a reverse proxy with the web engine.

Any advice? I planned on spawning up two boxes and setting up the web server on one and proxy server on the other.

Ideas on setting up the proxy server?

10 9

Aye man I tbought you'd forgotten all about the proxy, good timing too as I'm off for 10 days as of Sunday.

Can't help you with the set up though, send Mordak a PM he's bound to know boring stuff like that.

0 0

I'll do that, but do you know much about Linux? I would like to come out with my own distribution; none of my distributions would contain a GUI (by default). I would have multiple Linux OS's ready to be implemented in a virtual environment.

Have you ever set up your own Linux Distribution from scratch? I know you can download the net-install (bare minimal) and just add and remove packages manually; essentially that would be the same thing. This would cut out the process of integrating the boot loader and configuring the system Kernel to launch the OS core files.

I do not have the equipment to start from scratch right now, but I feel as if It would be just as sufficient to use a minimal install (300MB or so).