Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Linux and Microsoft Servers

0 0

Anyone using a Linux based server?

I was also wondering about Windows based servers; is anyone using a Windows based server? I know of IIS, but what are your options with Microsoft Windows. I know you can download Apache for both Linux and Microsoft.

What CMS are you using for Windows based servers?

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

@Scar0ptics The simple answer is to not use Windows based servers.

Yes we use Fedora / Centos 6 -7 and in some cases Ubuntu 14.04.

You can run WordPress on IIS however many people use ASP based CMS's.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Windows always gets a bad rep man, but based on personal experience it's way easier to get access to a Linux based server than it is a Windows one, and like 90% of the attack vectors I see in my logs are all looking for linux based vulnerabilities.

0 0

I understand that because the majority of people are using Linux based servers, but I will be editing some core CMS files and turn it more into a custom one. I know that HBH is using a custom one as well, but a totally different CMS than me.

Rex can you PM me the link to the vulnerability sheet for the CMS I'm using.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

**Scar0ptics wrote:**I know that HBH is using a custom one as well The word you're looking for is butchered not custom.

0 0

That makes updates a lot of fun, huh? lol I like doing this stuff though, so it wouldn't bother me.

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

Scar0ptics wrote: That makes updates a lot of fun, huh? lol I like doing this stuff though, so it wouldn't bother me.

No No No makes for a headache and the main reason the current code has been shitcanned and a new system made !!!

0 0

Yeah, that is understandable. You'd have to manually implement all updates so everything worked right afterwards. Instead of fixing a few minor things here and there, it ends up being heavy construction.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

My own personal favourite was "fixing" an sql injection vulnerability, by simply removing the form from the page.

0 0

ha-ha, I bet. That makes it easy!