Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Real 2 Possible programming languages

0 0

Okay, so im a first year computer science student, hence i can program in c or java. i was thinking about doing a number of embedded for loops-one for each p[art of the file name, so that each possible filenmae is tested. however, i would like to know how can i implement this so it applies it to a url bar??

0 0

i can do the same as you and let me just say after trying for so long in java and c++ that you should just make it in php, which is an easy language to learn for purpose, so look on w3schools to learn sum php basics of look in the tutorials section

0 0

okay, thanks very much for the reply!

0 0

I just used javascript.

0 0

i started trying to make the program to do this challenge but i got way too confused trying to make the hours and the days change properly that i had decided to just bruteforce it and it only took 20minutes lol.

0 0

You can do this in PHP or with JavaScript. JavaScript is kinda sketchy for doin this but it works. PHP would be the better way to do it.

0 0

i think i have the php coded now. how do i execute it? should there be <HTML> tags on it? does it have to be saved as .php?

0 0

save it as .php and upload it to a server that has php installed or download EasyPHP or WAMPP and install it on your own machine. You dont need <html> tags either.

0 0

do i need the <?php …?> tags also?

0 0

3 cheers for the Microsoft.NET Framework :p

Less than 50 lines of VB code where neededto do the job ;)

"Being complex is easy, being simple is hard."

0 0

my php is only about 23 :(

where did i go wrong?

0 0

2eXtreme wrote: my php is only about 23 :(

Could be :p I think I didn't did it the easy way… oh well, if one achives it goal, it's cool ;)

Btw, send me your php code, maybe I can help :)

0 0

if all else fails you could just manually bruteforce it (wouldn take to long)

though it might be useful to learn how to do it in php if you ever need to do the same thing with a lot more combinations

0 0

ah well, i got it last nite. i just messed about with the jscript. why would it be better in php? just shorter?

0 0

2eXtreme wrote: ah well, i got it last nite. i just messed about with the jscript. why would it be better in php? just shorter?

gratz on finishing it, and i didn't really mean it would be better in php, just that if you do it manually it might be useful to at least know how it could be done with a piece of code (like php)