Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Real 8 - Dictionary

0 0

I created my bruteforcer but I'm now stuck because my dictionary didn't find anything. What dictionarys did people use or am I wrong in thinking username = admin

0 0

lol whops…

0 0

Just use a buffer Overflow

0 0

stax wrote: Just use a buffer Overflow

That didn't answer his question.

I've got a dictionary that I haven't tested for this challenge, but I assume it works because it was recommended in one of the other threads. If you can't find the thread, PM me for it. Did you use PHP/cURL for your brute forcer? HBH seemed to time out every time i tried mine and i was only able to get about 100 words in each time.

0 0

I didnt used anything but my browser…

"ping is a work tool"

Answering correctly > Real 8 - Dictionary? Nop, at least I didn't needed that.

0 0

I just submitted article. I will post it here so you dont have to wait. But if you use my method or appreciate it, please leave comments. I had it on my old account but it got removed.

Realistic 8

This is a guide on how to complete Realistic Challenge 8

Okay i read another article on this challenge which had some code and spoke about cURL and php etc… That isn't the only way you can complete this challenge.

I recommend you Google > 'Buffer Overflow' for more information.

Buffer overflow:- 'Buffer overflows may cause a process to crash or produce incorrect results. They can be triggered by inputs specifically designed to execute malicious code or to make the program operate in an unintended way. As such, buffer overflows cause many software vulnerabilities and form the basis of many exploits. Sufficient bounds checking by either the programmer or the compiler can prevent buffer overflows.' Wikipedia

In a scenario like this one, to determine if it is buffer overflow vulnerable then you would put in the correct username, a random password and keep refreshing as fast as possible, (Hint// using firefox hitting F5 then enter works a treat)

Once you have promptly refreshed the page about 20 something times then the data is corrupted and it goes in your favour. Now you are logged in, time to complete the rest of the challenge.

Please comment and rate this article Feel free to PM if you need extra help

The_Flash

0 0

wtf ?! Can't we post if we are not logged in ?!

Check what the_flash posted :

1st) No posts 2nd) Unix timestamp date, not the time when he posted

(I know it as nothing to do with it, but, its strange !:o (Bug ?) )