Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

REAL 8 RELEASED!!!!

0 1

well, i put alot of effort into setting up real8 ready for release today! So all you enthusiastic members have something to entertain you for a while :) Im really pleased with the end result of this challenge and hopefully you will be too.

The main part of this challenge requires you to create your own script. If you do this well, you'll have a very nice useful script that could be used, not only on this site ;)

Heres a brief outline on what you have to do:(more details on realistic page)

• Access Admin Panel
  • add HellBound Hackers Rules! to the logs
  • add a news post
  • clear the logs

The news post will be visible by everyone who tries the challenge(until it gets pushed off the page).. so keep it articulate, perhaps some nice ascii art etc!!

Many members will be stumped with that to do to access teh admin panel, so i will give you a clue… This is the only part of the site we are allowing you to (dare i say it!!) brute force.. shudders So that is where your script comes in. Keep it sensible please, we dont particually want to have faulty scripts chewing up our bandwidth more than it should.

Well, thats about all the information you need! Enjoy the Challenge :)

Feedback is much appreicated

0 0
  • add HellBound Hackers Rules! to the logs …
  • clear the logs

…NICE. Also, I vote we boycott readable log files. I, for one, keep any log files for a website both in the OS system directories, as well as out of htdocs/public_html. This would provide a nice new challenge as well. (Also, I haven't had time to play with the challenge yet, so I dunno if you did that or not.)

0 1

thousandtoone wrote:

• add HellBound Hackers Rules! to the logs …
  • clear the logs

haha, yeah i am aware that it is completely pointless, lol.. but its a nice mini challenge to have, just to give real8 more content.

0 0
  1. is the username something obvious like "admin" ??
  2. is the password a dictionary word?

0 1

well, you can guess the username extremely easily from the site.

and yes, a very simple dictionary file will be fine.

0 1

its all working.. perhaps you havnt done a certain part to the mission.. i.e changed your refer to "HellBound Hackers Rules!" etc

when you complete the mission you are taken to a "congratulations" page.

0 0

I've done it all but nothing happened.

0 0

I know the prob. nope just doesnt work, i have a screen pic of me doing the challenge. lol, with the info in the logs me in admin panel and god knows ive posted enough.

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: well, you can guess the username extremely easily from the site.

and yes, a very simple dictionary file will be fine.

Password is a dictionary word you mean? I maybe mistaken I just started this mission, looks nice. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this stuff out :)

0 1

ok people.. there may be a problem with the points being awarded. (even though before releasing it worked fine for me)

but i shall look into the problem, and once it has been sorted out, then i will make a anncouncement.