Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Realistic 3 Bruteforcer

0 0

Ok, so I'm at the part where I found the directory where *****************/mem doesn't return a 404 error. Problem is, I cannot find out the file's name. I know the extension is probably txt from the hints people dropped in the forums. I've tried every single logical word, like transaction and transact but they don't work.

I'm getting desperate :o so I thought of writing a C++ program which cycles through an array with literally every single word that starts with "trans" and either returns a 404 error or opens a window if the URL is right.

Anyone know how I could make a program like this?

Thank you.

10 9

Error 162: we were unable to write into ********/mem/ file trans. The error message gives you the name of the sub directory.
It also gives you the first 5 letters of the filename. You know the extension is .txt from the forums.

That leaves only 3 chars that you don't know.

Google Search = "8 letter words starting with trans" First Result Says = 10 words

Ten words. That's it. It's that simple.

Anyway, using brute force should be your last resort, apart from log entries, it will result in you being kicked from a decent sever automatically, and your IP blacklisted.

There are about 450-500 words starting with 'trans", that's 500 log entries in a row your brute would have left, instead of just 2 or 3.

You should have a look around in the HBH code bank, as there are 1 or 2 brute force examples somewhere in there that might come in handy later on.