Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Real 2 script question

0 0

Hey, so i wrote a script for real 2. I assume this is not a spoiler due to many of the other threads on real 2 describing the need for a script.

My question is, am i correct in assuming that the backup_2004-09 part will always be constant? its the x in backup_2004-09-x_x.sql that will be changing? I only ask because my script ran through 01-31 with 0-1000 for each number 01-31, 31k iterations to no avail. I believe my script is recieving the proper response codes as i tested it on other urls. So am i incorrect assuming that numbers 01-09 need the zero? or what am i missing?

Im not asking for a solution, just wondering where I went wrong if possible.

Thanks yall -!black!

10 9

The backup file is named in this order year, month, day, hour, .sql with no minutes and he also heard that the backup was made on September of 2004.

30 days has September
.sql with no minutes you must remember 31k iterations to no avail re-read challenge description that's why you fail. tee-hee

0 0

I dont believe that having the extra day will hurt anything, it will just draw an extra 404.

However, i believe the given format is year, month, day, then hour(granted 1000 hours would be overkill, but it would still run through 24, just way past it) or am i misunderstanding that they would have it jump from year-month-day-minutes? that would make no sense.

as quoted from the mission descripton " and that the backup file is named in this order year, month, day, hour, .sql with no minutes "

so while 1000 is overkill, its still hours, not minutes. so the extra 976 hours it runs through shouldnt hurt anything ?

Thanks for the reply either way.

10 9

1000 hours isn't overkill man, it's 10am. There are only 24 hours in a day and 30 days it can be. That's a maximum of 720 requests.

0 0

Ive altered my script, it now runs 2004-09-x_y.sql x = through 30days, and y= through 24hours still only 404s….? Im wondering, do i need a the format 01-09 for days and hours or does the leading 0 not matter?

0 0

thanksthumbs up