Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Realisitc 11 - Grease monkey - Scripting advice/help

0 0

Good evening. Im wanting to complete realistic 11 and would like some tips on where I can gain more information on using Grease Monkey and JavaScript to complete the scripting challenge.

Ive dabbled with JavaScript many years ago but never to get text values on screen and then post them back out. If anyone has any useful articles or links to help me out It would be greatly appreciated.

I heard that doing it with Grease Monkey would be an easier option and since its a useful add on I would like to complete it this way so I can use this in future cases.

I know how I am going to code it just not sure what commands to use :P

0 0

I don't exactly remember the mission, but judging from what you said, there are three steps to doing this(very similar to timed missions):

1) Get the data from the screen
    - use the dom to get the element the value is in
    (or the entire document), and then:
        a) find the value using text search functions
        b) find the value using regular expressions

2) Do the necessary processing

3) Post the solution back
    a) manually create a form, then submit it
    b) use GM_xmlhttpRequest()

0 0

Yes im aware of how I can do it. I was just looking for code snippets or coding help articles. Its ok I have a book on javascript thats like 8 years old at home. Ill skim through it and see what I can get from it.

Ty for the GM_xmlhttpRequest() - Good read.

KvK

0 0

I've just now completed this challenge using only bookmarklets. If you want to take a look at my solution, PM me. :happy:

0 0

Very interesting I never even know about them another great read. Just shows how much manipulation can be used. I wouldn't want to spoil this challenge for myself :P