Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Realistic 2. Need help with the script.

0 0

Hello, First of all, i started learning php tonight just for the script but i think it works. I think it doesn't contain error. The problem is - it is too slow. And after a while (60 sec i think) i get an error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 17 Do you think the script is wrong or you must see it first?

0 0

This means that it has taken too long for the PHP script to run. Have you installed PHP on your box, or are you using a server?

If you have installed it on your box, then you either i) have a really slow computer or ii) have created and infinite loop or such like.

Try setting max_execution_time to a larger value like so:

<?php

ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');

// your code here

?>

0 0

Just noticed you've added the script, I'll take a look at it. Yes, it is a possible spoiler.

0 0

Is there 'faster' script?

0 0

uhm .. i set it to some number like 14214214. It was very slow but it worked. Thanks for the help. :) C ya in some thread about other realistic challenge.

0 0

Could someone learn me how to make a brute force php script? Cause I have no idea where to start and I'd love to learn how to create these kind of scripts!!!

Retired
10 0
  1. W3Schools
  2. Write
  3. Execute

0 0

Yeah go learn php from w3schools. Then come up with an algorithm using loops to create all possible commonly-used-character-combinations, and then learn curl.

0 0

I have learned PHP as good as I can, but how can you make it ad and modify characters itself (instead of typing the whole loop with all possibilities myself)? And how can you make it interact with the server? Is that where Curl comes in???

0 0

Hmm… i don't remember using a script on this challenge…it has been awhile i guess.

Admin from hell
0 0

Didn't use a script myself, Use your head instead. It's been a while since I did this one.

0 0

Yeah i'm pretty sure i didn't either. WAIT! i think there was a link in an article to a script and i just banked it took about 3 minutes :p. Wow i was so n00b.

0 0

Tokortoh, use an array to hold all characters then use a loop to choose letters from the array. That's how bruteforcers usually work. Look at javascript 14, 15, or 16 to get an understanding of how you would use arrays.

0 0

I made up an array with all characters (a-z + 0-9) But I really have no idea on how to make a script that picks the arrays, I don't want to type every possibility myself :P And I'm (almost) sure there is a faster way for this… Does anyone know how to create, or a place where I can find such a script? Thanks in advance ;)

Edit: I could do it with my head, of course, but I'd like to learn how to create a Brute Forcer myself instead of downloading working ones, aims to much at skiddie for me…

0 0

@ MoshBat

Nice sig B) and thanks for the tip to not modify a-Z!

But I still don't know how I can let the script change characters… Like making: 1000.sql to 1001.sql and so on, how can I make the script do that itself???

Could anyone learn that to me? Doing this manualy takes too long for me (lazy me :P) I'd rather write a program to do it for me, only… how?

0 0

Tokoroth wrote: @ MoshBat

But I still don't know how I can let the script change characters… Like making: 1000.sql to 1001.sql and so on, how can I make the script do that itself???

Could anyone learn that to me? Doing this manualy takes too long for me (lazy me :P) I'd rather write a program to do it for me, only… how?

I used a python-script in this challenge, what you really need to bruteforce is the numbers and folder names (backups/bacups). I used a couple of for-loops to generate all the possible file-names.

foreach date as (1 .. 1000) {
    foreach hour as (0, 24) {
         $s = "asdf" . date . "asdf" . hour;
         *Connect to server* 
    }
}

That's not real code, it's just some pseudocode to show you the basic idea of how it might implemented. (I'm not really good at explaining how things work)

0 0

pimpim wrote: [quote]Tokoroth wrote: @ MoshBat

I used a python-script in this challenge, what you really need to bruteforce is the numbers and folder names (backups/bacups). I used a couple of for-loops to generate all the possible file-names.

foreach date as (1 .. 1000) {
    foreach hour as (0, 24) {
         $s = "asdf" . date . "asdf" . hour;
         *Connect to server* 
    }
}

That's not real code, it's just some pseudocode to show you the basic idea of how it might implemented. (I'm not really good at explaining how things work)[/quote]

Actually. I believe there's a script in the code bank to bruteforce it, in case your lazy and don't wanna take 5mins urself. :p

0 0

i did the mission but it ws to slow i changed sme values manualy as d php run on my pc , stoped aftr few min . :| , so plz help me 2 run al things automaticaly without any change manualy (i changed 01 to 02,03 etc)

0 0

gunjanbansal000 wrote: i did the mission but it ws to slow i changed sme values manualy as d php run on my pc , stoped aftr few min . :| , so plz help me 2 run al things automaticaly without any change manualy (i changed 01 to 02,03 etc)

I'll give you a tip: Loops…

EDIT: Nevermind, you already beat the challenge.