Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

realistic2 attack type

0 0

Hi everyone!

Could someone tell me if this mission can be accomplished using a dictionary attack or the other one (based on backtracking) which tries all possible combinations?

I've wrote and successfully tested my own software to do both types of attack, but I would like to lose less time with this simple mission in order to concentrate better on more complicated missions.

Thank you very much.

The art of hacking made us all…

Satan > God
0 0

i did this with a simple php script… it just echo'd whether www.hbh/real2/file# was real… listed all the possible directories and the 1 i needed in about 3 seconds…

0 0

ah! php - good idea :o

i've been trying to learn how to do it in C++

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

I did it in python with a simple try-catch loop until it found the right date.

0 0

You just need to try every possible file. No need for bruteforcing if that's what you thought.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

stranac wrote: You just need to try every possible file. No need for bruteforcing if that's what you thought. How do you figure those are different?

0 0

He wanted to try EVERY combination, but he just needs the ones implied by the chall. Sorry for not explaining well what i thought.

0 0

I did also write a PHP script to do the job for me, however I ran into problems finding if an external file actually exists or not. fpn() will still return a true even if the file doesn't actually exist (a 404 message is displayed). Instead, I had to check the return headers to get the status.