Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

help needed to decode hash

0 0

Ok I am just wondering I have a hash from realistic 12 but right now I am having technical difficulties with John the ripper, so I was wondering if I could send some =one the hash so they could decrypt it for me.

0 0

What I am trying to do is open it with CMD, and open it from there, after I get to the program I have tried to execute the program like this

start john-386(name of the program)

but all it does is blink on and off for a second.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

0 0

thehare wrote: What I am trying to do is open it with CMD, and open it from there, after I get to the program I have tried to execute the program like this

start john-386(name of the program)

but all it does is blink on and off for a second.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

If your doing this in windows open cmd, go to john directory and type

john-blah –wordlist=PASSWORD.LST hash_location.txt

or what ever dictionary you want. if you want to brute force it, just leave the wordlist part out.

0 0

Thanks I at least got somewhere with that but now i have an error that says no password hashes loaded

I entered the command like this:

john-386 –wordlist.lst hash.txt

(hash.txt is the name of the hash file)

Why am I receiving the error for?

0 0

moshbat wrote: Well, is your wordlist called "wordlist.lst"?

LOL thanks I was misspelling the list, thanks.

0 0

I am still receiving the same error I have checked all my files to make sure their spelled correctly and they are but it is not working.

The command I am using is:

john-386 –wordlist=PASSWORD.LST hash.txt

Is there a problem that I am not noticing.

0 0

wheres the hash.txt, if its at C:\hash.txt you need to specify that, just hash.txt will only work if thats in the run directory, or current working directory.