Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Realistic 1, SPOILERS

0 0

I've been trying this crap for 30 minutes. I've found the secret text file, and I've changed "AuthID" to match the administrator's.

To make sure I was doing it right, I checked this guide:

http://www.hellboundhackers.org/articles/405-realistic-1-walkthrough.html

But it doesn't fucking work. markup alert(document.cookie) shows that AuthID is indeed 4601420, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't work. What the hellā€¦

0 0

Perhaps you should study a bit more about basic hacking techniques, javascript and PHP before attempting this challengeā€¦ ;)

0 0

I know PHP, cookies, sessions, etc. Like the guide said, if you change your AuthID cookie to the administrator's AuthID, it should complete the challenge. That's what I'm doing, and it's not working. Now if you have any useful information as to what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

uberon's right. maybe you should try more of the basic and javascript challenges before attempting the realistic ones.

0 0

well maybe if you had any idea as to what you were actually trying to achieve in this challenge we would not need to help you.

And the reason we are not helping you is becuase you obviously just want some easy points.

0 0

Well, I figured it out. Oh, and this challenge was about changing your cookie authorize you as the administrator, which is exactly what I was trying to do from the start ( I was just on the wrong page - index.php rather than toys.php ). Thank you all for your totally useless posts; I can really see that this is really a helpful, positive community. But what do I know, but I'm noob trying to get easy points.

755 14

Xx r3negade, well said. This is a thread with the perfect example of people that think there awesome and are old veterans of the site drill someone thats having a simple trouble with a challenge. its a power play.

but in saying that i know there are a lot of people that are more than willing to help people out, unfortunately there not the ones that seem to get to the threads first.

hmmm i think i might use this as an example of Chaos Theory for my sociology assignment :)

0 0

The-Scarecrow wrote: i know there are a lot of people that are more than willing to help people out, unfortunately there not the ones that seem to get to the threads first I mostly try to help, but when someone complains that 'it doesn't fucking work' just because they can't beat the easiest realistic challenge, I don't feel like helping them more than just giving the advice to study more ^^

No offence, just a good recommendation. If you don't know enough about something you simply have to read up on it.

0 0

heres some advice to help you out and make things easier.

get firefox

if you have firefox get the cookie editor extention for it so you don't need to run JS in the URL

it will save you alot of time in everything