Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Signatures or posts?

0 0

I would like to ask a question about signatures. Let me put my thoughts, first: Many ppl here use very fancy and/or big signatures, with many colors, sometimes stupid themes (fmo!), immatures, etc etc…

Except of the fact that using such signature (almost) nobody will take you seriously, it is very difficult sometimes to focus on the actual post of the user. Specially if it is is one or two lines long. Image an answer of two lines (say 50 pixels in height) with a full of color signature of (500 pixes)! Many times I found my self asking: Where the (f) is the real answer!!

Do you thing that is fair to disallow users to have stupid and/or big silly signatures?

0 0

I agree that big signatues are annoying but I haven't seen any recently. Can you give some examples or were you just looking through old threads?

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

I agree there should be rules on the size of images in signatures, Please free free to PM your ideas i will take note of them and maybe add them to the new rules for HBH v2.

Frank

Edit: These are the current rules for HBH v2

Font size of the text in your signature should be no larger than the default text size for the posted text in the forum. Use of images larger than 468px in width and 60px in height for your signature is strictly prohibited. Moderators and administrators have the right to ask you to remove anything in your signature or remove it for you if they deem necessary. The maximum number of lines in your signature shall not exceed four lines.

0 0

**Mordak wrote:**Use of images larger than 468px in width and 60px in height for your signature is strictly prohibited. … The maximum number of lines in your signature shall not exceed four lines. These restrictions seem really low.

The image in your signature isn't what I would call big, but it's still way over the maximum height you've specified (99px vs 60px).

0 0

starofale wrote: I agree that big signatues are annoying but I haven't seen any recently. Can you give some examples or were you just looking through old threads? Old threads? I believe that the problem is the user, not the thread. btw, there are still many long signature (if you try, you will see them in very recent posts or threads). I dont like to be the person who indicate another person in order to be "punished".

I would like just to point out the problem, which is a common one, specially in sites with similar subject as HBH.

In addition I feel happy that you agree and there are actions from the staff to minimize the problem.

Banned
0 0

My signature has become rather obese, but HBH keeps throwing in extra linebreaks.

0 0

spyware wrote: My signature has become rather obese, but HBH keeps throwing in extra linebreaks.

lol spyware :D I get your point and I believe you get mine ;)

You have indeed a bit "obese" sign… :right:

0 0

Thiseas wrote: Old threads? I believe that the problem is the user, not the thread. I only asked that because I hadn't noticed any big signatures recently, although looking through recent threads I have seen a few now.

Going back to your reason for not allowing big signatures:

Thiseas wrote: it is very difficult sometimes to focus on the actual post of the user I find animated signatures/avatars (like yours) distracting as well.

Banned
0 0

Okay, I figured it out. [\center] tags add a <br>, and linebreaks (hitting enter somewhere) adds a <br> too. I removed linebreaks between my center tags, now my signature is a little more compact.

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

@starofale Please feel free to PM me your thoughts on what size they should be.

0 0

I agree that if your signature is too large, you can be taken as a fool.

So I'd suggest a size limit for signatures.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Erm, I was away on vacation and missed this thread, but now that it's been resurrected and Mordak has posted an update on HBHv2: Did we come to any conclusion on this?

I know that in, in the past, the administrations have had a loose rule regarding signatures. I can think of a few users I know who were told to remove theirs or change it's size, in fact I think I was one of them when I joined. It was more of a "go with the gut feeling instead of specific rules", but having laid out rules might be better.

So did you decide anything on that, Mordak?

Retired
10 0

My old rule of thumb was 500px(w) x 125px(h). Tends to be enough to get the point across without being obnoxious.

Side-note: I know I have been fairly AFK lately but it seems as though most of HBH has been too. 3 jobs, full time and a half of college plus being married tends to eat up your spare time. Anyways, I plan to check in more often and try to help out a little more whenever possible.

Evil Sorcerer
4,025 18

I think that we are going to limt all signatures to 500px(w) x 150px(h).

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Okay, sweet. Presumably we should have that in the FAQ for HBHv2. Thanks Mordak :)