Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Nominations

:(
80 120

The times, they are a-changin… finally. You, HBH, have spoken and we hear you. We understand your wants and complaints and we are more than willing to address them. Now I know this won't be a traditional debate, but what better place to put a thread where you can nominate and later vote for a new group of forum moderators? That's right, folks, I'm here to put your ideals into action. But this will only work if you're serious about it and we get enough support.

The guidelines are as follows:

1. This thread is for nominations only. There will be a later one posted where you can argue for/against any of the listed people. There will also be a poll posted shortly after where you can vote for the most deserving nominees (as per the argue thread).

2. You cannot, for obvious reasons, nominate yourself.

3. For each nomination you make you must put some kind of note telling why they deserve the right to moderate. If it's hard to think of one, then maybe you should rethink who you're putting up…

4. Every so often, this original post will be updated with a list of the nominees so far. It will be their responsibility to contact an admin to have them taken off if they feel they are unable to accept the "job".

5. This thread will only be open for so long, so get your opinions in while we're still allowed to listen.

6. You must have been a member for at least half a year (6 months) in order to nominate someone else. This ensures that you've been around long enough to have a general idea as to who is deserving of the position.

7. All nominees must have at least 100 posts. A moderators job is to know the forum and be active in it.

8. You can only nominate a person once. That's all it takes to get him on the list. If you have an argument for or against the person, save it for later.

Remember, these are the people that you are voting into a position of power. So please don't take this as a joke to nominate someone stupid because you think it's funny. This is your chance to get what you want as a community rather than having it shoved down your throat. This is your chance to change. I wish you… I wish us the best of luck.

Nominees COM - Respectfully declined. spyware - Cheese has spoken. ynori7 clone4 yours31f skathgh420 rex_mundi korg Uber0n Skunkfoot

Banned
0 0

COM

Why?

Fair, rigid and smart. I believe, with the right administrative rights, this guy can do a lot.

If you need more reasons just search for some of his posts and you'll see why we need him.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

COM for the same reason spy stated. Fair, intelligent and competent member, that can handle and make use of the responsibility edit:I guess it's just one nomination per person:)

...Legend?
0 0

**I nomminate: ** Spyware

Why:

Main reason is he has to be one of the most active forum user on the site. Even though people do not always like his style Spy is usually correct in what he says.

What more do we needed other than a mod who is clear, consice and scares of users who would never last here.

Well thats my two cents…

0 0

Spyware, he already has the skills required to make n00bs run home screaming.

On a more serious note I have to agree he's one of the most active members and contributers of the site.

0 0

Spyware for sure. He's pretty much a mod already anyway, just with less privileges.

Retired
10 0

ynori7.

He makes good post. Has a great history and will try to help when he can. He is pretty active and I think he would make a great mod overall.

Banned
0 0

Thanks for the nominations, but, I urge you to change your vote as soon as you realize Cheese won't give me administrative rights.

0 0

Futility wrote:

1. You cannot, for obvious reasons, nominate yourself.

I'm breaking this rule by nominating yours31f.

Why:

He knows the forums pretty well, he has been around the block a few times, and he has excellent judgement. He's the best at being mean in the nicest way. Rather than make people feel like shit for being dumbasses, he would educate them in the art of forum posting.

1. You must have been a member for at least half a year (6 months) in order to nominate someone else. This ensures that you've been around long enough to have a general idea as to who is deserving of the position.

I am two months short, but I have been very very active on this site, shouldn't that make up for it? If not, I understand and I hope someone else will nominate yours31f.

Banned
0 0

spyware wrote: Thanks for the nominations, but, I urge you to change your vote as soon as you realize Cheese won't give me administrative rights.

I don't care. I still nominate spyware.

He is active, his help may not be the most polite, but he is a grammar nazi just like I am and tends to actually motivate others when he posts. His posts tend to make people think. His approach is sometimes outspoken, but he has the knowledge to make HBH a better place.

Period.

-BC

0 1

I appreciate the fact everyone is getting involved and making nominations, in regards to spywares nominations:

he is quite right, he will not be getting any admin privs. He has a warn level for a reason. in my eyes he has a long way to go to prove his has the required maturity.

0 0

As most people, I do support spyware. However, as he himself said, it's not realistic that he'd get moderator privileges. Cheese is the owner after all and if he has an opinion against someone despite what the majority of the community that he should be caring about says, then we can't expect any more of him unfortunately.

So anyhow, there's only one nomination required anyway so all of you who shout spyware might want to put some more thought into it anyway we see it and come up with another name you might've overlooked. Personally I've thought some about this but due to my memory and such it's a struggle to put down any motivation in words that are good enough.

Nonetheless, here's my try and I'd like to nominate clone4. He's shown dedication to the community, he knows his way around computers, he knows his way around HBH (bloody well should considering that he wrote the FAQ). He has shown a good attitude and knows to question and give a reasonable thought out opinion, while still recognizing another person's point. This also shows his maturity to be adequate and well above some other people's. I've also never seen him post or do something honestly dumb or useless, on the other hand he's a tad insecure about what he should do or say, but he has good opinions and with some motivation, a bit of an extra kick in the ass as from spyware to speak his mind and the role of moderator to fill, I'm sure he'd make it to becoming a fine moderator. Also, most importantly of all: I've never wanted to smack him :P

I would also like to nominate skathgh420. He's been around for some time, he's helpful, active, displays a good level of maturity seeing as he's receptive to help, got enough sense to criticize things that happen on HBH and contribute his thoughts if necessary and knows to show courtesy and respect to his seniors, those who would deserve it. He also doesn't spell like a monkey snorting its own shit which impresses the hell out of me in general. Despite (at least in my eyes) being very friendly he still seems to care enough about the users and the community to be stern enough to do what might be necessary from a moderator. Also, trying to solve something in a friendly manner might also be a good first try, there's a friendly ghost so it might go very well with a friendly moderator.

...Legend?
0 0

I still suppport spy but as Cheese has said this is not an option I will have to agree with the clone4 and COM nominations as they have been able to write a nice FAQ which shows there understanding of the site rules and dedication to the site.

0 0

I think that clone4, spyware, and ynori7 would all make great forum moderators. Also COM would have made a great one too but he respectfully declined. These three people each have there own aspect's that make them qualified for the position. They have all been around HBH a long time and know how things work here. Clone4 and COM made the FAQ so that show's they know how this site works inside and out. Spyware is intelligent and witty and tells it like it is, whether its nice or not, which is very important. Ynori7 is a amazing programmer with lots of logic. It is going to be very hard for me to vote for just one of the aforementioned people because they would all make great forum moderators…

</my2cents>

Banned
0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]Mr_Cheese wrote: I appreciate the fact everyone is getting involved and making nominations, in regards to spywares nominations:

he is quite right, he will not be getting any admin privs. He has a warn level for a reason. in my eyes he has a long way to go to prove his has the required maturity. Well, it seems I may have to put a case to you. Sure, if you're still adamant, I'll let it drop, by all means. Perhaps I could be placed in a "bond", where if he abuses any given powers, both he and I are kicked out. That's how much I trust him.[/quote]

Not that I am a big person around here, really, but you could put my name on that list also. I trust spyware more than I trust any member around here. He ranks right next to System, in my opinion.

-BC

0 0

Why are we given the right to vote if in the end there will be no democracy?

spyware is one of the most active members in this community, and that's for sure :) I login every day in HBH, even though i almost never post, and spyware helps out a lot of people.

Cheese! I don't want to start a fight against ya, since without you there would be no HBH, but please, try to be more open headed. People change and learn, and if spyware made mistakes in the past, i'm pretty sure he has learnt to correct them.

Enable democracy! Don't make votations if their results shall be manipulated!

My vote goes to spyware :)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

chess_rock wrote: Why are we given the right to vote if in the end there will be no democracy? You misunderstand how a democratic society works. We get to vote and throw out our opinions, but the executive branch (i.e. the admis) still have the power of veto.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]chess_rock wrote: Why are we given the right to vote if in the end there will be no democracy? You misunderstand how a democratic society works. We get to vote and throw out our opinions, but the executive branch (i.e. the admis) still have the power of veto. [/quote]

lmfao! :P That's not what my books say about democracy :P but it seems that HBH's democracy is a lil different, eh? :P hahaha

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

sharline23 wrote: I am two months short, but I have been very very active on this site, shouldn't that make up for it? If not, I understand and I hope someone else will nominate yours31f. Well, just in case that nomination doesn't count, I'll second it.

Yours31f has put in quite a bit of effort into trying to find ways to improve this site. Regardless of whether or not you agree with his ideas, you can't deny the fact that he's more motivated than most of our current admins (no offense to any of them, they're all great). Also he's shown a remarkable amount of growth over the past year, and that should serve as a good example for many of the other members here who (as spyware pointed out in another thread) are lacking in skill and knowledge.

chess_rock wrote: lmfao! :P That's not what my books say about democracy :P but it seems that HBH's democracy is a lil different, eh? :P hahaha How do you think Congress works?

0 0

People, discussions in later thread. This is for nominations only. Thank you and by all means, keep posting, just make it a nomination.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]sharline23 wrote: I am two months short, but I have been very very active on this site, shouldn't that make up for it? If not, I understand and I hope someone else will nominate yours31f. Well, just in case that nomination doesn't count, I'll second it.

Yours31f has put in quite a bit of effort into trying to find ways to improve this site. Regardless of whether or not you agree with his ideas, you can't deny the fact that he's more motivated than most of our current admins (no offense to any of them, they're all great). Also he's shown a remarkable amount of growth over the past year, and that should serve as a good example for many of the other members here who (as spyware pointed out in another thread) are lacking in skill and knowledge.

chess_rock wrote: lmfao! :P That's not what my books say about democracy :P but it seems that HBH's democracy is a lil different, eh? :P hahaha How do you think Congress works?[/quote]

You're right, congress works that way mate. But we're not a congress…. ;) We are like the population, and we represent the popular vote xD and according to my political science books my friend, there is no superiors during popular votes ;) so yeah… democracy here doesn't have any hindrances like those constructed by Cheese ;) get what i mean? xD

if admins have preferences and people they do not want in the "aristocracy", then we should not vote! They should choose their favorite moderators, right? They're like the congress ;) We're just poor peasants xP

80 120
  1. This thread is for nominations only. There will be a later one posted where you can argue for/against any of the listed people. There will also be a poll posted shortly after where you can vote for the most deserving nominees (as per the argue thread). Really you guys? Really? There's only 8 rules and yet you still can't seem to follow them. Chess, this is not the place for you to state your opinions in a political debate. This is where you place your nominations for an updated mod team. How hard is it to discern the difference between the two?

And what's the point of nominating the same person more than once? Are you just trying to make an argument for or against the person? Because if you are, you should save it for later. Do those words look familiar? They should, because they're copied exactly from my original post. For those of you that still don't get it, check out number eight.

Anyway, I'd like to nominate a member who has been with this site for much longer than I have and is always willing (and able) to lend a hand. He's our go-to guy for any hardware troubles we might be having, knows the ins and outs of the forum, and is more than worthy of this position. That's right, folks, I'm talking about korg, and I'm sure those of you that have seen his posts will agree wholeheartedly.

0 0

I nominate COM for the same reasons mentioned above.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

My vote lies with korg, same reasons as Futility, the guy's cool, posts helpful information, helps out when possible, etc etc.

So yeah, korg++ :)

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

COM wrote: I've never wanted to smack him :P

Happy about that:) but shame that you refused though, I think you'd be really much more then adequate for the job:)

Anyway that being the case, I'd like to nominate Skunkfoot, he tries to help whenever he posts, and makes his post only where it's necessary, and doesn't do much flaming etc which shows maturity…

0 0

-cL wrote: [quote]454447415244 wrote: I nominate COM for the same reasons mentioned above.

COM has already been nominated and declined.[/quote]

Then I choose clone4 for being active and helpful. ++clone4 :p

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]Futility wrote: I'm talking about korg, and I'm sure those of you that have seen his posts will agree wholeheartedly.
Similar reasons, Uber0n.[/quote] not active enuff. both

454447415244 wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: [quote]454447415244 wrote: I nominate COM for the same reasons mentioned above. COM has already been nominated and declined.[/quote] [/quote] y? COM is the most solid choice

4 those that r complaining bout spyware, how can u expect some1 with warn 2 get accepted?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

@define - The debate hasn't started yet. This thread is only for nominations.

0 0

ynori7 wrote: @define - The debate hasn't started yet. This thread is only for nominations. @ u - i nominated

Banned
0 0

define wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: [quote]Futility wrote: I'm talking about korg, and I'm sure those of you that have seen his posts will agree wholeheartedly.
Similar reasons, Uber0n.[/quote] not active enuff. both

454447415244 wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: [quote]454447415244 wrote: I nominate COM for the same reasons mentioned above. COM has already been nominated and declined.[/quote] [/quote] y? COM is the most solid choice

4 those that r complaining bout spyware, how can u expect some1 with warn 2 get accepted?[/quote]

Sorry, but numbers do not make words, e.g. 4 and for do not create the same md5 hash.

Spyware is my nomination. If Uberon is not an admin already, add him to my nominations alongside Spy.

0 0

define wrote: 4 those that r complaining bout spyware, how can u expect some1 with warn 2 get accepted? bl4ckc4t wrote: Sorry, but numbers do not make words, e.g. 4 and for do not create the same md5 hash.

u have numbers in urs, smartass

0 0

You're seriously acting like an idiot. If you're literate, who cares if your name has numbers to represent letters? You, on the other hand, use numbers to represent entire words. You use little to no punctuation, and you use shortened versions of words, like "urs," "thx," and, "u." How about respecting those who know what they're talking about and learn to respond in a respectable, literate way. The way you communicate is borderline l33t speak.

Not to mention you have now caused the thread to stray off topic. Oh, did I forget you un-intelligently nominated someone who has not only been nominated numerous times, but has declined?

By the way, you're damn lucky spyware hasn't gotten to you yet.

80 120
  1. This is for everyone, but especially you define- This is an English forum. English, English, English, English, English. I'm tired of reading that leet-speak/text-speak crap. From now on, if there's a post in this (very) serious thread that can't even use real words, then it's going to get a warn

2. I tried being nice and suggesting that you don't nominate the same person over and over again. You apparently don't understand what that means. I know it's hard, but if you can just wait a few more days you'll be able to let your full opinion be known. If you suggest someone that's already on the list in my original post, you get a warn.

3. If you decide to OT the thread and start arguing amongst yourselves, you're wasting our time. We try to give you a say in things and instead you feel that you'd rather spend the time worrying about whose numbers don't equal words and whose do. Good work you guys, really. Next OT post gets a warn.

4. I don't know how you could be confused with the very first rule, but this is neither the time nor place to debate why someone should(n't) be on the list (apart from the original reasoning behind the nomination). This is the place for us to build a list of potentials that will later be interrogated and scrutinized. If you start complaining about a member on the list, you will get a warn.

Are you guys starting to see the pattern yet? I'm very serious about this and if it isn't moderated correctly, it's going to fail. Originally, I thought laying out the rules at the start would be enough. Obviously not. I thought a friendly reminder would sort the stragglers out. Obviously not. Now you've forced me to take a third approach- one that I hate having to resort to. I honestly don't want to warn anyone, but I'm more than willing to if the situation calls for it.

Also, I don't need your backseat moderating sharline. By telling him that he's offtopic, you're only dragging it further away. If spy was here, he'd be smart enough not to say anything because he understands that the purpose of this thread outweighs any petty arguments people might get into.

0 0

define wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: [quote]Futility wrote: I'm talking about korg, and I'm sure those of you that have seen his posts will agree wholeheartedly.
Similar reasons, Uber0n.[/quote] not active enuff. both[/quote] It's true, I've been totally inactive the last 6 months or something. However I've been more active the last week and I plan to continue with that.

Anyway, the reason I post is not to discuss myself but to nominate -cL. I can't believe no one has done that already; he's a great guy and I'm sure most people in the forums know that he keeps a high standard and a mature level. He's also the kind of guy who seems to get work done.

0 0

I know that nominating the same person isn't acceptable, but i'm just gonna point out somethings to streangthen the consideration of choosing -cL.

First of all, he's dedicated to HBH like no one i've seen before!

Second, he's a generally awesome guy with loads of sparetime, i know he would make a good job with moderating the forums.

Third, just like uber0n said!

So even though the rules are against me, i'm nominating -cL!

Admin from hell
0 0

Well the person I want is already on the list so no need to be redundant. Just wanted to say thanks for nominating me (By some of the people I respect most here)

Edit: I'll respond in the debates!

0 0

I know my posts count are not enough for allowing me to vote but i am a regular user of this site and i go through the forums daily.

My vote goes with: clone4 yours31f Skunkfoot

all 3 of them are according to me very much helpful in the forums, and i dont know how many people we can vote but if i have to vote for one, then will go with clone4.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

root_op wrote: I know that nominating the same person isn't acceptable, but i'm just gonna point out somethings to streangthen the consideration of choosing -cL.

First of all, he's dedicated to HBH like no one i've seen before!

Second, he's a generally awesome guy with loads of sparetime, i know he would make a good job with moderating the forums.

Third, just like uber0n said!

So even though the rules are against me, i'm nominating -cL!

The idea was to nominate people to take care of the forums whilst admins/devs get on with their more important stuff. And as -cL is an admin, this sorta defeats the object…

0 0

I would like to nominate Cyph3rHell. He is a smart person from my understanding. He is also usually willing to help people out when they need it. Also he is a pretty active member here at HBH and I am surprised he hasn't been nominated yet. Anyway I think he and all the other nominee's would do a great job of moderating the forums.

0 0

hey man, thank you very much! :D And yes, i like to help other HBH members…

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

thx Cyph3r for reviving the thread.:) I think that we are done with the discussions, since the thread more less died, so it's time to make some official poll or something to sum up the votes ;)

0 0

clone4 wrote: thx Cyph3r for reviving the thread.:) I think that we are done with the discussions, since the thread more less died, so it's time to make some official poll or something to sum up the votes ;)

I know man, i was just thanking skathgh420 who posted at 17:46 today…