Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Newsletter Special Edition

0 0

I guess I know who is Korg talking about in his opinion lol. I liked his opinion. Will read all of it later. Nice work, keep it up.

0 0

I thought it was pointless and was the reason I left HBH. This was one of the sites that really got me started in the security field because they had groups of people who were learning with you and sharing previously scattered (now there's excellent sites that gathers and compiles massive amounts of information regarding whatever you're looking for) information and articles with each other. There has ALWAYS been this behind the scenes political bullshit. I signed up for the newsletter so I could get updates on things that relate to computers and security (always good to read some of your opinions and strange/clever tricks on things in the field), like HBH had always been before one problem or other. Have any of you noticed there's always some problem or other that HBH is struggling with that takes up several posts, a news item, and etc.? Like the old days of being enemies of the other security sites and blaming stupid mistakes the staff made on those other site. —— Full reason why I left, HBH just stopped their pursuit of being a great community for security research and started focusing on the whole "community" aspect. They started lagging behind and no one was participating in interesting research in the forums, hardly anyone was sharing their knowledge, everything was getting slow. I mean, shit, look at some of my articles, I hardly knew what the hell I was talking about half the time. :p

0 0

**nights_shadow wrote:**I hardly knew what the hell I was talking about half the time. :p

There's a new HBH tagline in here.

:(
80 120

While not entirely surprised with the end result (I WAS TOTALLY 100% RIGHT! WOOO!), I do have to admit that the whole experiment in itself was completely unexpected. I know lots of members around here have alternate accounts, but I never expected one to be so… active.

My only complaint is that it's taken so long for this point to be made so strongly. Our shitty treatment of 'the new guys' has gone unchecked for far too long and has gotten to the point where new members are driven away before they even have a chance to assimilate into our ranks. So thank you, ynori. Thank you for taking a common problem and, instead of whining about it, doing something to change it. People often see themselves as correct in everything they do and, as such, need someone else to point out their fallacies for them. Sometimes merely pointing them out isn't enough, and that's when a full-fledged outright spy-like scientific beatdown becomes necessary. It's also tons of fun to read.

But now comes the best part: it's your turn. Let's hear your opinions, your thoughts on this matter. What could be done to improve the situation? Do you want stronger moderation? Or is ynori's experiment completely baseless? Are you a new guy who's been treated splendidly and want to maybe thank your fabulous favorite fun-loving frantic member (who's name just might so happen to start with an F) with a medley of awesome gifts (I would loooove another unicorn)?

Did you enjoy the read? Should there be more special editions of the newsletter where members write towards a(n unknown) common goal rather than the tradition eclectic serious of articles?

Admin from hell
0 0

I as stated I try to help as many members here as I can new or old. The problem is still the fact that people ask questions that are out of line via the forums or pm's. (I still get tons to hack E-mails or websites) These people need some direction which I try to do. As far as the members I mentioned I think the flaming and stupidity has calmed down quite a bit and hope it stays that way. Again I want to see everyone stay here new or old, learning and having fun on the site.

PS. Ynori your list is wrong spyware joined 4/4/07. I joined 1/1/06.

0 0

korg wrote: PS. Ynori your list is wrong spyware joined 4/4/07. I joined 1/1/06.

My account was deleted a short time before 4/4/07. Not that it matters, but the date that I joined is actually much further back, ~2005ish, I think.

Admin from hell
0 0

Compromise wrote: [quote]korg wrote: PS. Ynori your list is wrong spyware joined 4/4/07. I joined 1/1/06.

My account was deleted a short time before 4/4/07. Not that it matters, but the date that I joined is actually much further back, ~2005ish, I think.[/quote]

I don't remember you from when I joined only after. Oh well, your right doesn't matter.

0 0

Well that certainly was an interesting read. Didn't see that coming, Apophis's unmasking. :P

I've personally never really had any problems with people flaming me for asking stupid questions, but that's probably because I haven't really asked a lot at all. Nowadays, I can´t really say I´m afraid to get treated differently or something. (Not that I think I'm still a complete newbie, but because I'm no well-established name people might perhaps think so.) That really has nothing to do with experience, that´s just because I don´t really care.

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

WOW i got put down all the times. But hell i am a persistent lil ****. Its not the acceptance of new members…. because i never look at date joined or ranking….its because they want to be hand fed. Everyone that was turned down was usually saying can you code this for me or teach me everything you know….please just give me the answer. Honestly we are helping more then hurt because unlike the people that do give the little brats everything they want, we install in them the fundamentals to carry on the next generation of hacking. Get you bearing, learn whats acceptable to ask, and whats not…..but for some reason i will still treat you like a arse because i am a equal opportunity hater.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

SET wrote: Honestly we are helping more then hurt because unlike the people that do give the little brats everything they want, we install in them the fundamentals to carry on the next generation of hacking. Right, I'm not saying that we should spoon-feed those people. But I've seen people ask perfectly fine, if not just a bit ignorant, questions and had their asses handed to them for it. I've seen people flamed in their own intro section for trivial reasons.

@korg - Man, I knew somebody would find some little detail to nitpick about. Within the categories the names are in no particular order. Your name was originally first, but zeph suggested I switch them so nobody would complain. So much for that.

Admin from hell
0 0

ynori7 wrote: @korg - Man, I knew somebody would find some little detail to nitpick about. Within the categories the names are in no particular order. Your name was originally first, but zeph suggested I switch them so nobody would complain. So much for that.

Muhaaaaa, I'm complaining. Just kidding.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Bravo ynori7!

Your experiment and report made a huge influence on me, personally, and I bet it's gonna make people think next time before they go ahead and forge their opinions of the new members. It was a great read, although I suppose it did make COM look kinda bad :/

To be honest though, I'm kinda disappointed Apophis was just a facade, I liked him quite a bit.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

stealth- wrote: although I suppose it did make COM look kinda bad :/

On that note, I should probably point out that I did get COM's approval to use those excepts before releasing this, so thank you COM and to all those who provided their opinions on the matter.

0 0

stealth- wrote: To be honest though, I'm kinda disappointed Apophis was just a facade, I liked him quite a bit.

A façade? Or part of an ideal that lives through many, especially ynori, everyday?

You might have lost a friend, but you regained knowledge about a quintessential part of ynori's personality. And that's worth something too.

0 0

stealth- wrote: To be honest though, I'm kinda disappointed Apophis was just a facade, I liked him quite a bit.

0 0

Ynori, great article, but this type of thing will always happen. What people need to realize is that there are differences between new members and idiots. Yes, some new members do turn out to be idiots, but the difference is idiots want to be hand fed everything. Now before flaming someone please just see; does this person want to be hand fed or is he/she simply expressing their opinion or asking an actual question in order to learn. Everyone here was new once, and we all know how it feels to be looked down upon for the simple fact that we are new. But, it is not right to cause aspersions on their intelligence for they may be more intelligent than they seem. But also these new members need to be able to suck it up if they ever want to go anywhere in life. Everywhere you will be made fun of, if you want to succeed in life you need to be able to take a hit and suck it up and go on with your life.

~Muplah

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

muplah wrote: Everyone here was new once, and we all know how it feels to be looked down upon for the simple fact that we are new. Indeed, to some extent. But things have changed since I was new. I was actually treated quite well.

As a small bit of evidence to that fact, here's a link to a fairly poorly constructed mentor request made by a certain member of the time which was met with friendly, helpful responses: http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=49&thread_id=10288

I don't know whether the people have changed or it was just luck, but something is different. I just want to see other new members greeted with that same patience and respect.

0 0

ynori7 wrote:

As a small bit of evidence to that fact, here's a link to a fairly poorly constructed mentor request made by a certain member of the time which was met with friendly, helpful responses: http://www.hellboundhackers.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=49&thread_id=10288

I don't know whether the people have changed or it was just luck, but something is different. I just want to see other new members greeted with that same patience and respect.

You were able to make complete sentances, and you actually knew how to program in some languages, you were better than many. If you notice how to you worded it (may just be my interpretation) you did not appear to be asking for hand outs. I am sure if more people ask in a polite and willing to work way, they would get more responses. Then again, I am not one to talk.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Compromise wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: To be honest though, I'm kinda disappointed Apophis was just a facade, I liked him quite a bit.

A façade? Or part of an ideal that lives through many, especially ynori, everyday?

You might have lost a friend, but you regained knowledge about a quintessential part of ynori's personality. And that's worth something too.[/quote]

I know what you mean, and that's a valid point to, but what I was saying was that I had already liked ynori7, and was glad to have another person on here who was contributing to the community, friendly, seemed to know his stuff, and had a decent personality.

0 0

stealth- wrote: although I suppose it did make COM look kinda bad :/ Yeah, but it's very accurate, I'm quite a dick :)

0 0

I have met lots of relatively new members, and they were much much more better than old-registered members, it depends on the member himself; Why, this year (or whatever period of time) idiots increased relatively? Because the site content needs to be improved.

Besides, HBH is not that common on the web, for the same reason that attracted more idiots in my previous paragraph (or basically, repelled and frustrated good members, WHO I have seen many of them left here and developed in other communities).