Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Newsletter#3

0 0

The layout is shmexy :p But seriously, good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make this!

0 0

lol, you missed my sarcasm. I guess I forgot my sarcasm tags.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

If you don't like it, read the text file. That's why they're both there.

0 0

It's fine, lol, but if MoshBat hadn't volunteered to spice it up, I would have. The content's good :)

0 0

For anyone who complains about content amount: go fuck yourself with the old testament burning bush. It's right in the intro, we're well aware that there's little content, believe us, there is nobody out there more frustrated, annoyed and pissed off about that than we who worked with trying to put everything together. It was not something we just picked up on the street and threw out there, we're concerned about the quality here, we care and worry about this shit. So, really, we could use more content? We could use the community to give a fuck and try to contribute? No one would've ever thought. And it seems to actually be that way, if you want to make things better, you should contribute. Scared about your ability to produce something good enough? Good! Self doubt is great, it brings improvement in the case that you actually sit down and try to make reality of your ideas. But that requires an actual goddamned try. So for people who give a fuck and want to improve the community, believe me: challenges are NOT the only thing needed here. We have plenty, there are more on the way. Contribute to the code bank, the article section, the newsletter. Don't fear throwing ideas out there for general site improvement. Do this so the people who work on it can implement it, or alternatively, you start working on it. We will not magically make things better, the community is made up of you, me, the ones who share, the ones who work, the ones who ask. It's all of us who try, those who help those who really need it and who care so that they in return can help the later ones. The community isn't just made up of the admins at the top or the guys with most points. It's what you make of it. So if you want acual improvement in any area, do something about it, it's always welcome as long as it's decent.

Slayer706 wrote: Maybe add a links section, where people can submit useful links and write a short summary about what they contain? Care to elaborate on what exactly you mean? Are you talking about the newsletter page or on HBH itself?

Banned
0 0

Maybe, guy above me, you shouldn't be suggesting so many things when you're new to the community.

Get to know HBH first.

0 0

Slayer706 wrote: If you are desperate for content, you could have a book, software, hardware, computer, or electronics review section. I'm sure lots of people on this site have recently read a good (or bad) hacking book or bought a computer component.

Maybe you could have a section that compares popular hacking/cracking tools? Like IDA v.s. Olly? Maybe you could compare and contrast several similar tools and determine which one is best?

Maybe you could have a classifieds section, where people who want to get a team together to code something could find people with similar interests?

Maybe you could have a Q/A section, where users ask questions and get answers?

Maybe you could have a random monthly drawing where a subscriber wins a free month of exclusive membership?

Try looking at some of the web's more popular newsletters and seeing what kind of content they have. There are tons of ideas out there. Great, missed my point entirely. Sigh, guess you're too new to understand what I'm talking about. But don't feel special, what I said was aimed at everyone.

As for your suggestion, thanks for explaining, I'm sure ynori7 will consider it.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Slayer706 wrote: What kind of stuff are you guys looking for? Any quality material on computers, security, technology, science, engineering, math, etc.

I was thinking that maybe the newsletter could have a section for user submitted links. Talk to Futility when he gets back. I believe he mentioned near the end of his HBH Updates article (in the newsletter) that he was looking for simple input such as that from HBH users. EDIT: I guess he mentioned a Q&A. Send the idea to him anyway though.

You could have a book, software, hardware, computer, or electronics review section. I'm sure lots of people on this site have recently read a good (or bad) hacking book or bought a computer component.

Maybe you could have a section that compares popular hacking/cracking tools? Like IDA v.s. Olly? Maybe you could compare and contrast several similar tools and determine which one is best?

Maybe you could have a classifieds section, where people who want to get a team together to code something could find people with similar interests?

Maybe you could have a Q/A section, where users ask questions and get answers?

Maybe you could have a random monthly drawing where a subscriber wins a free month of exclusive membership?

Try looking at some of the web's more popular newsletters and seeing what kind of content they have. There are tons of ideas out there. All good ideas and they have been though of already, however there's only so much each person can do without sacrificing quality. I need motivated (and competent) people to submit material. If you're interested, write something up and send it to me. I'll give you feedback, and if it meets my approval, then I will put it in the next newsletter.

0 0

Slayer706 wrote: My bad. The guy above me just made an inspiring speech about how we should get involved, throw ideas around, be proactive, ect. I'll just keep my mouth shut. New guy, don't misunderstand spyware. He was saying what I was and what ynori7 also now tried to say. Being new you presumably only understood what I wrote partially, more senior members will hopefully understand it in its entirety. What spy meant and what was said is to lurk around, get to know the community better so you know for sure what to say and don't end up misunderstanding things. Anyhow, your initial suggestion is appreciated as I said. The rest was… almost insulting.

Edit: Don't feel insulted, easy mistake to make, thought is appreciated. If you hang around long enough (hopefully), you'll understand it. If a miracle happens and everything suddenly goes according to what I tried to say then I guess you won't; in which case, even better.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

these conversations are hard to follow when half the posts have been deleted :(

On a brighter note, great newsletter guys :)

0 0

Good newsletter. Now I know why -cL was banned and why I can't slap people with smelly fish anymore… :P

0 0

I tried following the feud. I really did. But my imagination can only go so far. :xx:

0 0

pimpim wrote: Good newsletter. Now I know why -cL was banned and why I can't slap people with smelly fish anymore… :P

Yeah, cuz psycho deleted all HBH's files. People can believe whatever they want about how he got the password, I don't really care anymore tho. I have old backup files of many cool features though, so if HBH's admins decide to use them, they can just contact me on msn or something.

Anyways, awesome newsletter ynori7!

0 0

… a test bunny?:whoa:

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

cLtestBunny wrote: Anyways, awesome newsletter ynori7! Don't thank just me. It's a team effort.

0 0

Just wondering, what type of content are you looking for? News about the site or what?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

ranma wrote: Just wondering, what type of content are you looking for? News about the site or what? ynori7 wrote: [quote]Slayer706 wrote: What kind of stuff are you guys looking for? Any quality material on computers, security, technology, science, engineering, math, etc. [/quote]

0 0

So sorta like article material?

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

ranma wrote: So sorta like article material? Yeah, except I've got higher standards than HBH does.

EDIT: Now let's keep this thread on the topic of Newsletter#3 comments. Any further inquiries about the newsletter can be done privately through pm or email.

0 0

I actually thought the content was pretty gracious considering what went on. I like the updates on what happened. You know, no covering up problems. ;)

I like the text version better. I know I was the original one to suggest the html version but I didn't even look at that one.

I also thought the articles are pretty good. Definitely a worthy release.

Good job.