Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Intro

0 0

I'm new here, this is my way of letting you all know I exist i suppose. Anyway, I know how to code HTML and CSS (not much I know) but I'm hoping to learn more. I've been learning from this site www.codecademy.com and right now I'm just trying to figure what to learn next as well as what will help me become better all around. I'm doing this out of self-interest so I don't exactly have goals on what I should learn yet. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

:(
80 120

yourdead wrote: I'm just trying to figure what to learn next as well as what will help me become better all around. I'm doing this out of self-interest so I don't exactly have goals on what I should learn yet. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey man! Good to see ya.

Best advice I can give'ya is to hang in there 'cause you're gearing yourself up for a wild ride. Hacking is fun for as long as you're willing to allow it to stay fun. That's not to say you'll never hate it ( you will ), but in the end you'll always look forward getting home and getting right back to work.

So stick around, ask questions, seek answers and, above all, don't give up. If you want more specific advice than that, you're gonna need more specific questions. Until then, though, know that you're on the right track

0 0

yeah….and remember the most important thing…stay away from government web sites and don't hack any bank accounts because the European Union is watching ya ;)

nahhh….I'm just playing…Welcome to Hellbound hackers! Have fun! ;)

0 1

Lots of the challenges here are geared towards teaching you what you should know. Usually there's enough information for you to at least know what to google.

As long as you prove you've done your research and done some work, there are people here willing to help you out. (When I started here, I barely even knew html, so don't worry.. and don't tell anyone ;))

0 0

Thanks guys I appreciate it a lot, it's overall a lot to take in so I know I could use the help. I'll make good use of the forum and I'll see you all around.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Yeah man welcome to HBH, don't be shy at asking questions.

0 0

Welcome! Feel free to PM me any time. :)

yourdead wrote: I'm just trying to figure what to learn next as well as what will help me become better all around.

When you are finished with HTML and CSS, you should take a look at JS and PHP.

80 120

psyl0cke wrote: When you are finished with HTML and CSS, you should take a look at JS and PHP. I hate to say this, but I disagree. If you're really into this hacking thing, HTML/CSS isn't really the way to go. I'd start learning a different language first. In fact, I never "learned" nor do I ever plan on "learning" either of those. I know enough that i can understand source that I see, but everything else is just an easy lookup away.

JS/PHP are most useful if you're interested in web app hacking, but C is eventually where you want to be for any real projects. My suggestion has always been to start with Python, but it's really all up to personal preference

0 0

Futility wrote: [quote]psyl0cke wrote: When you are finished with HTML and CSS, you should take a look at JS and PHP. I hate to say this, but I disagree. If you're really into this hacking thing, HTML/CSS isn't really the way to go. I'd start learning a different language first. In fact, I never "learned" nor do I ever plan on "learning" either of those. I know enough that i can understand source that I see, but everything else is just an easy lookup away.

JS/PHP are most useful if you're interested in web app hacking, but C is eventually where you want to be for any real projects. My suggestion has always been to start with Python, but it's really all up to personal preference[/quote]

Why not, i'll take a look at both. I mean it couldn't hurt.

80 120

yourdead wrote: Why not, i'll take a look at both. I mean it couldn't hurt. Don't drown

0 1

Futility wrote: [quote]yourdead wrote: Why not, i'll take a look at both. I mean it couldn't hurt. Don't drown[/quote]

True story. I tried learning Python, C, and JS all at the same time (using our friend codeacademy) and I ended up mixing all of the syntax and grammar together and having to relearn it anyway.

0 0

jmort47 wrote: [quote]Futility wrote: [quote]yourdead wrote: Why not, i'll take a look at both. I mean it couldn't hurt. Don't drown[/quote]

True story. I tried learning Python, C, and JS all at the same time (using our friend codeacademy) and I ended up mixing all of the syntax and grammar together and having to relearn it anyway.[/quote]

Yeah I could imagine that, Iv'e been careful so far though. I'm only learning one language at a time as well as taking notes in case I forget stuff. It's a pain and will take a long time to learn but I can be patient.

0 0

You don't have to be an expert in all those languages, but you should have a basic understanding of how they work, what the basic syntax is, etc. The best way is just to practice, I made lots of small C(++) applications to understand how it worked. Good luck!