Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Hi, I am Nyx- and I am interested in learning about hacking and all that good stuff =3

1. What languages do you speak? Im pretty decent with Python, Javascript and know the basics of PHP(enough to get by on just server side stuff, mysql etc), err and I only speak english ^_^
  2. How did you find the site? athena
  3. What made you want to learn how to hack? I actually don't remember exactly, but I have been interested in hacking for about 4 years, but hardly put that interest to practice.
  4. What do you want to learn? Better coding practices and hacking methodologies
  5. How long have you been interested in computers? What keeps you interested in them? I've been really into computers since I was about 8, and first started playing games with my father and that sort of stuff, and I am addicted to online communities and the social aspect of the internet, so it definitely keeps me online
  6. Anything else you wish to tell us. I am 19 years old and really like anime

Hopefully I meet a bunch of cool people, and I plan on chilling in the IRC B)

0 0

Welcome to HBH!!

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hai, welcome to HBH.

What is Athena, out of curiosity? The IRC can be a little empty sometimes, but if you come by often enough you'll figure out the more active times. ;)

Nice sig selection also, btw.

0 0

stealth- wrote: Hai, welcome to HBH.

What is Athena, out of curiosity? The IRC can be a little empty sometimes, but if you come by often enough you'll figure out the more active times. ;)

Nice sig selection also, btw.

athena is a member here on HBH, i met her in another community and she told me to start posting on here with her. and thanks i actually made the signature randomizer myself in PHP :)

Admin from hell
0 0

Hello Nyx-, Welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay here, If you have any questions feel free to Pm me. Nice to see new members from referrals.

0 0

Welcome. As basket said, it's nice to see people being referred here; although, I was surprised that it would be Athena, haven't seen her post in ages. Other than that, there are plenty of people here into anime (hell, there's even a thread about it somewhere), so you'll probably feel right at home. I'll also tell you what I tell everybody else with your selection of skills: pick up a statically typed language (such as C or C++).

0 0

Welcome Nyx.

Make sure you go visit the IRC as most of the fun is found there. I'll reinforce COM's advice and also the fact that before asking any questions in the forum, make sure you search for the answer with google. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

0 0

Welcome Nyx,

Enjoy your stay!

**COM wrote:**I'll also tell you what I tell everybody else with your selection of skills: pick up a statically typed language (such as C or C++).

What about you learn as many languages as you possibly can, so you can pick the best one in every situation. Yes, download a list of every programming language in the world, lookup the purpose of all of them, and simply pick the best one for your current 'situation'.

This will be my advice to you, Nyx.

0 0

Well, welcome I guess. I have already been stood up by a newbie. You said that you knew enough PHP to get by, and you made a freaking sig randomizer. I try to learn as much PHP as possible and I have simply been stood up.

Welcome, all of the generic advice has already been said, except for one thing, DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE MENTOR FORUMS ASKING FOR A MENTOR WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS OF ALL THE OTHER THREADS. Don't say I didn't warn you

Welcome, and if you need someone to talk to, well, I'll probably go to you. hehe ;)

~t0xik

EDIT: When I called you a newbie, I didn't mean it. You have been constructively using computers longer than I have. I arrived here recently.

0 0

Welcome to HBH, Nyx-

t0xikc0mputer wrote: DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE MENTOR FORUMS ASKING FOR A MENTOR WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS OF ALL THE OTHER THREADS. This is some good advice from t0xik

0 0

t0xikc0mputer wrote: Well, welcome I guess. I have already been stood up by a newbie. You said that you knew enough PHP to get by, and you made a freaking sig randomizer. I try to learn as much PHP as possible and I have simply been stood up.

Welcome, all of the generic advice has already been said, except for one thing, DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE MENTOR FORUMS ASKING FOR A MENTOR WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS OF ALL THE OTHER THREADS. Don't say I didn't warn you

Welcome, and if you need someone to talk to, well, I'll probably go to you. hehe ;)

~t0xik

EDIT: When I called you a newbie, I didn't mean it. You have been constructively using computers longer than I have. I arrived here recently.

hehe thanks :D and its not nearly as advanced as you think, you just make an array and add all the images in some folder to it, then use rand to pick one and change the header to an image and readfile it ^__^

i was thinking about making one for an avatar(considering you cant use php as an avatar), so just whenever someone views my avatar it randomly picks a picture and renames it to the avatar.jpg, so it will seemingly change all the time, but i wont have to put a .php in the avatar link =)

0 0

Nyx- wrote: [quote]t0xikc0mputer wrote: Well, welcome I guess. I have already been stood up by a newbie. You said that you knew enough PHP to get by, and you made a freaking sig randomizer. I try to learn as much PHP as possible and I have simply been stood up.

~t0xik

hehe thanks :D and its not nearly as advanced as you think, you just make an array and add all the images in some folder to it, then use rand to pick one and change the header to an image and readfile it ^__^

i was thinking about making one for an avatar(considering you cant use php as an avatar), so just whenever someone views my avatar it randomly picks a picture and renames it to the avatar.jpg, so it will seemingly change all the time, but i wont have to put a .php in the avatar link =)[/quote]

Brilliant, half of programming something is the programming itself, and the other half would be the idea itself! You have got yourself half of the finished product with that idea. I admire you already, and while I could've made the sig changer thingy, I never would have had the creativity to think of it.

~t0xik

0 0

Nyx- wrote: i was thinking about making one for an avatar(considering you cant use php as an avatar), so just whenever someone views my avatar it randomly picks a picture and renames it to the avatar.jpg, so it will seemingly change all the time, but i wont have to put a .php in the avatar link =)

You could use a language of your choice and have it log in and change your avatar at fixed or random intervals.

And welcome to hbh.

Out-Of-Idea's Man!
20 0

techb wrote: You could use a language of your choice and have it log in and change your avatar at fixed or random intervals. And welcome to hbh.

plz b sarcasm.

Anyway, Welcome to HBH. If you have some questions on challenges i have done, feel free to PM me. I'll help you where i can, (And where i can remember >.>).

Ninja Extreme
0 0

techb wrote: You could use a language of your choice and have it log in and change your avatar at fixed or random intervals. And welcome to hbh.

Lol, I would imagine it's much easier to simply add this to your .htaccess:

markupAddType application/x-httpd-php .php .jpg

And simply fill avatar.jpg with PHP code.

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]techb wrote: You could use a language of your choice and have it log in and change your avatar at fixed or random intervals. And welcome to hbh.

And simply fill avatar.jpg with PHP code.[/quote]

i havent technically tried that, but i have tried that on multiple other forums and the forum still figures out its a .php after the forward, but havent tried it on here so it might work. i just know on mybb they realize htaccess forwards

0 0

**t0xikc0mputer wrote:**DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE MENTOR FORUMS ASKING FOR A MENTOR WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS OF ALL THE OTHER THREADS.

I wouldn't mind to mentor people at all. Eventhough, i'm quite busy sometimes.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Nyx- wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: [quote]techb wrote: You could use a language of your choice and have it log in and change your avatar at fixed or random intervals. And welcome to hbh.

And simply fill avatar.jpg with PHP code.[/quote]

i havent technically tried that, but i have tried that on multiple other forums and the forum still figures out its a .php after the forward, but havent tried it on here so it might work. i just know on mybb they realize htaccess forwards[/quote]

I could be wrong, I havn't used that in a while, but I don't believe that particular command is a forward. Instead, it simply tells Apache to interpret .jpg files as PHP. The receiving party wouldn't know the difference. My webspace is sorta down at the moment, so I can't test this myself, but maybe you could give it a shot.

0 0

MolesteD_ wrote: [quote]**t0xikc0mputer wrote:**DO NOT VENTURE INTO THE MENTOR FORUMS ASKING FOR A MENTOR WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE RESULTS OF ALL THE OTHER THREADS.

I wouldn't mind to mentor people at all. Eventhough, i'm quite busy sometimes.[/quote]

There are always exceptions, but if you look at the majority of the posts, they do not end well.

0 0

hehe yea i dont think i would ever ask for a mentor, i just try and figure stuff out on my own, google works wonders, and if need be i can always just hop in the IRC to see if anyone wants to help me out.

0 0

Nyx- wrote: hehe yea i dont think i would ever ask for a mentor, i just try and figure stuff out on my own, google works wonders, and if need be i can always just hop in the IRC to see if anyone wants to help me out.

Possibly, mentors should just speed up things a little. I personally never had one either.