Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Re-introducton of Rein Sangeki

0 0

Hello all,

Not sure if I have ever done one of these, but I couldn't find it after searching quite a bit and I figured since I haven't been on this site in a while I might as well take advantage of this thread.

I'm Rein Sangeki. My handle is Japanese, loosely meaning Tragedy Rain (a handle I came up with in my emo high school days, kind of just stuck). I'd prefer to be known simply as Rein. I was on this site under my old profile but I made a new one so that I can kind of start from scratch and retry stuff (plus I forgot the damn password up until a few days ago :ninja: ).

I have been involved in the computer field for a little over 6 years now. I got started trying to take apart a free computer I got from one of my mothers friends and placing a CD-ROM into it (yes it was so old that it didn't have one). Once I found that I was too inept to get the damn thing to work I vowed I would figure out how to do so. Needless to say I can do a lot more than just that.

Currently I cannot consider myself a full fledged hacker just yet. Mostly because I've have had the pleasure of meeting one. A real hacker. A genius. He knew more than he could ever find time to explain. I could only barely keep up with half the stuff he told me about. He first gave me articles to read and tools to experiment with. Sadly enough I didn't know enough to really appreciate everything he did for me. He took me to HTS and walked me through only the first challenge, with that he said, "Figure out the rest."

I lost touch with him, mostly because I found him to be far too paranoid and advanced for me. But my thinking was altered just enough to make me want to continue down the path of being a hacker. A real hacker. A person that can give back to the community. One who thinks freely and creatively. To be an individual that seeks and comprehends truth to further ones own understanding; not just an idiot regurgitating the lies and misinterpretations of the truth like the masses do.

I left HTS and searched for other communities, ones with more willing participants to teach and give back. I've found that here. I left for a while and now I am back to continue learning and hopefully begin to give back. I've got a more sound understanding of HTML and Javascript. I am currently developing my understanding of PHP, Ruby, Java, and C++

I've had a pleasure getting to know a few members such as Maug and Yours3lf when I first started. I even got a nice reception from Zephyr_Pure after a small debate about "Information Security Administrators" I've got to say HBH has been a great learning experience for me. Now that I am refocusing my goals I've come back to HBH to not only learn from this community, but to be more involved and eventually give back.

Hi Everyone.

Banned
0 0

Welcome back! I'd suggest drop learning Java and install, if you haven't yet, a unix-based operating system.

If you ever want to talk about things you can find me, and other people, in HBH's IRC channel: irc.psych0tik.net, #hbh. Enable ssl.

0 0

LOL, you are the 3rd person to tell me to drop Java… I guess it is official… most people don't see the need for it anymore.

I run ubuntu, amongst other things, as a vm, been finding one hell of a hard time to have *nix machine as my main…

0 0

reinsangeki wrote: LOL, you are the 3rd person to tell me to drop Java… Make me the 4th then. I'll also nab 5th, 6th, 7th and if I may, 12th place while at it.

0 0

COM wrote: [quote]reinsangeki wrote: LOL, you are the 3rd person to tell me to drop Java… Make me the 4th then. I'll also nab 5th, 6th, 7th and if I may, 12th place while at it.[/quote]

Well then… consider it dropped. Any suggestions outside of the ones I listed as I'm working on now?

Banned
0 0

A lisp variant and bash.

0 0

Hell, why not throw some Python in there.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

reinsangeki wrote: Not sure if I have ever done one of these, but I couldn't find it after searching quite a bit and I figured since I haven't been on this site in a while I might as well take advantage of this thread. Well, seeing as how you've only got three forum posts all of which are in this thread, you could have saved yourself the effort of searching. Anyway, welcome to HBH.

Banned
0 0

techb wrote: Hell, why not throw some Python in there.

He's already learning Ruby, that's why.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]techb wrote: Hell, why not throw some Python in there.

He's already learning Ruby, that's why.[/quote]

But TechB knows Python! Everyone else should too!

@Rein Welcome. You seem pretty level headed, so hopefully you'll stay around a while. Is there anything in specific keeping you from migrating to linux, out of curiosity?

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]reinsangeki wrote: Not sure if I have ever done one of these, but I couldn't find it after searching quite a bit and I figured since I haven't been on this site in a while I might as well take advantage of this thread. Well, seeing as how you've only got three forum posts all of which are in this thread, you could have saved yourself the effort of searching. Anyway, welcome to HBH.[/quote]

Oh no! LOL I know I never made a post under this account with anything, I was speaking of my old account "Sangeki Rein." I was going through my posts and I felt like I made more comments under that account, like I am sure I at least explained my name to someone who asked me but I couldn't find that post… so I wasn't sure if I made an introduction page or not. If I found it I was just going to bump it and say I was back.

0 0

@spyware: Had to take a good long look at what LISP was so I will check out a few variants and see if there is anything I can get my feet wet with. Expect a PM from me about it soon. Also, I've been exposed to some bash scripting, I suppose I'll need to get reacquainted. I don't mind, my professor from college told me I'd need it.

@stealth-: Mostly because I work as a tech for a university and sit in win* all day. only time I touched *nix was either on my own time or for a class or two in college. I don't find *nix to be terrible, but I don't find it convenient yet either. Not that I am scared of a little inconvenience or problem solving… but I encountered a frustrating fucking problem one day revolving my sound card and I swear my $700 laptop was about to get chucked out the window. I'm dead serious about my music, lmao! So for now I am limiting *nix to vms so I can at least try different distributions easy. I am a fan of Debian, Ubuntu, and sometimes CentOS

@techB: spyware is pretty much right, Ruby and Python are pretty close. Not that I was shooting down Python, I just rather focus on Ruby atm.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

reinsangeki wrote: Oh no! LOL I know I never made a post under this account with anything, I was speaking of my old account "Sangeki Rein." I was going through my posts and I felt like I made more comments under that account, like I am sure I at least explained my name to someone who asked me but I couldn't find that post… so I wasn't sure if I made an introduction page or not. If I found it I was just going to bump it and say I was back. Ah, okay. I thought your name sounded familiar. And if you have made an intro before, it's okay because I don't remember it :).

0 0

ynori7 wrote: Ah, okay. I thought your name sounded familiar. And if you have made an intro before, it's okay because I don't remember it :). :D awesome, so my new goal is to make myself more memorable this time around.

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]spyware wrote: [quote]techb wrote: Hell, why not throw some Python in there.

He's already learning Ruby, that's why.[/quote]

But TechB knows Python! Everyone else should too! [/quote]

You got that right.

0 0

LISP variant such as JavaScript. Wonderful language.