Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I'm new here

0 0

Hi, I am a new member, and I am 14 years old. I believe I can speak English well enough to communicate with other people, the other languages don't matter. I want to learn about security, since I know basic C++, Pascal, HTML, CSS, Javascript and basic PHP and currently learning OpenGL (should I also learn DirectX or is it a waste of time?). I have been interested in computers for a year now and very interested in physics simulations. Planning on studying Quantum Physics or BioPhysics.

BTW fix that thing with posting and scores. I was waiting for a long time. (You need 100 points & basic 1 completed not 10 points). Annoying.

Thanks MoshBat

0 0

Hi MoshBat

0 0

Your profile reminds me of a guy that pops up on IRC every now and then. Same age, same interest.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hi Mtutnid, welcome to HBH. I wouldn't recommend DirectX because of it's limited platforms, but it depends on your stance on Open Source and Microsoft, really.

@Roelof - Who?

0 0

stealth- wrote: Hi Mtutnid, welcome to HBH. I wouldn't recommend DirectX because of it's limited platforms, but it depends on your stance on Open Source and Microsoft, really.

@Roelof - Who?

He reminds me a bit of StealFalcon. He went to that 3d course to develop this game, wants to learn programming and such. And is of the same age if I'm correct.

0 0

stealth- wrote: Hi Mtutnid, welcome to HBH. I wouldn't recommend DirectX because of it's limited platforms, but it depends on your stance on Open Source and Microsoft, really.

Well I can't say I have had a good experience with Microsoft, their software and such.That is why I started learning OpenGL, but which one of them is better in looks and speed?

0 0

Most games run better on Dx.

0 1

yeah, but you have to keep in mind that the majority of PC's capable of playing games run Windows, not Mac or Linux (not that anyone would play games on Mac anyway ;) )

So, in most cases DX is a good way to ensure that your games will be well received, but you also have to keep in mind that we're not games programmers.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

fuser wrote: yeah, but you have to keep in mind that the majority of PC's capable of playing games run Windows, not Mac or Linux (not that anyone would play games on Mac anyway ;) )

So, in most cases DX is a good way to ensure that your games will be well received, but you also have to keep in mind that we're not games programmers.

That doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm missing something, but you're making it sound like Windows machines cannot run OpenGL. If you want your game to be "well recieved", you write it with OpenGL (because it matches the largest audience), unless you are developing specifically for a DX-only device. The Xbox consoles are the only DX-restricted devices I'm aware of, though.

Especially considering DX10 and DX11 won't even run on Windows XP, I would hardly consider that "well received".

phohtoo wrote: Most games run better on Dx.

That's really a matter of opinion.

OP, if you want to try and get a non-biased opinion, you're going to need to do some research. Wikipedia has a somewhat bleak comparison, and DirectX vs Opengl comes up with a lot of results as well. This has been a long debated topic in the game development world, so really it's not our place to just "tell" you what's better.

@Roelof - Ah, I remember him. Don't know him well, though.

0 0

fuser wrote: yeah, but you have to keep in mind that the majority of PC's capable of playing games run Windows, not Mac or Linux (not that anyone would play games on Mac anyway ;) )

I don't want to be a game programmer. you did not read my post. :D

I like physics simulations

0 0

Either would work. Its all about learning the API. Hell, learn both of them so you will know, by experience, which one you like.

Oh, and welcome the HBH.

0 0

Thanks, it's nice to be welcome in a community.