Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

My alias is Recursacro; I'll be here from now on

0 0

Good day,

I go by Recursacro. I'm a C++ coder, and I'm primarily into reversing. I've only been working on reversing for about a week now though (learning NASM via VTC and documentation), and I figured this would be a good place to go.

I like to make 3D apps using the OpenGL API, as much as many of you probably hate it. I run Slack and Win7, though I use as much open source software as possible.

As far as my physical life, all you'll know is that I'm a vegetarian and a pianist. I'm currently working on Chopin's Revolutionary Etude in Cminor.

If anyone has Skype, I'm on: Recursacro

My email is in my profile, and I'm usually willing to talk. Especially if you're smarter than me.

I hope to meet some people that can teach me about hacking in general, but particularly about reversing.

0 0

Chopin == Greatness

0 0

kenneth_nap wrote: Chopin == Greatness

I wholeheartedly concur (Although that statement seems conditional). Though, on the other side of the spectrum, Scott Joplin was a beast as well. Much like Fats Waller.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Welcome.

Kudos on the open source support, but I got one question. I've never actually met a vegetarian (to my current knowledge). Do you just feel bad for the animals, or is it something else?

0 0

Hey!

I practice many of the (Tibetan) Buddhist ways. One of them is not killing anything. I try not to kill insects also, which can be quite hard, considering my slight phobia of arachnids. I try not to consume anything that once had a central nervous system.

One could then make the argument about shrimp or something. I don't bother with their stupid questions though. If I were in my house, just hangin' out, I wouldn't want a deer to come shoot me with a 30-30. People say we have too many deer, so we hunt them. We have too many ignorant people, let's hunt them, if anyone!

Now, I honestly wouldn't kill someone unless it was out of self defense (The Tiger combinations (Kung Fu) 1 - 6 are lethal). but you get my point.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Recursacro wrote: I practice many of the (Tibetan) Buddhist ways. That's cool, I studied Nichiren Buddhism for a little while, but unfortunately I got a little lazy.

The Tiger combinations (Kung Fu) 1 - 6 are lethal Do you practice kung fu? It's not only good for fighting, but also self-discipline and exercise.

Welcome to HBH.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Recursacro wrote: Hey!

I practice many of the (Tibetan) Buddhist ways. One of them is not killing anything. I try not to kill insects also, which can be quite hard, considering my slight phobia of arachnids. I try not to consume anything that once had a central nervous system.

One could then make the argument about shrimp or something. I don't bother with their stupid questions though. If I were in my house, just hangin' out, I wouldn't want a deer to come shoot me with a 30-30. People say we have too many deer, so we hunt them. We have too many ignorant people, let's hunt them, if anyone!

Now, I honestly wouldn't kill someone unless it was out of self defense (The Tiger combinations (Kung Fu) 1 - 6 are lethal). but you get my point.

Hmmm, interesting! Thanks for sharing, i've been meaning to study Buddhism lately. Not out of wanting to join or worship (I'm actually Agnostic), just in curiosity of how the belief system works. Oh, and your idea about killing ignorant people, not to offend you, but I think that would actually be a nice idea. Would certainly be much more fun than hunting deer!

0 0

ynori7 wrote: [quote]Recursacro wrote: I practice many of the (Tibetan) Buddhist ways. That's cool, I studied Nichiren Buddhism for a little while, but unfortunately I got a little lazy.

The Tiger combinations (Kung Fu) 1 - 6 are lethal Do you practice kung fu? It's not only good for fighting, but also self-discipline and exercise.

Welcome to HBH.[/quote]

I've had that laziness problem too. Often with meditation. I'm getting better though.

I have a very close friend, who has earned the title Sifu, meaning master. He gives me personal lessons, and I'm working towards my blackbelt. I currently have a black belt (single degree) in Taekwondo but it means nothing to me. I've learned more in 6 months with Sifu than I did after 4 years of Taekwondo.

I don't use it for fighting, really. I try to avoid it the most I can. As you said, I mainly use it for self-discipline and exercise.

EDIT - fun fact: I read a large document about 5 years ago on how to be a hacker. It told me one thing I should do is practice martial arts. That was my first motivation to practice.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

EDIT - fun fact: I read a large document about 5 years ago on how to be a hacker. It told me one thing I should do is practice martial arts. That was my first motivation to practice.

This one? http://catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

That's the one that got me into hacking, it does mention martial arts somewhere in there. Good read if you havn't read it before.

edit: url tags fail :(

Fixed tags. Korg

0 0

I think that's the one! Heh, odd. When did you get into it?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Recursacro wrote: I think that's the one! Heh, odd. When did you get into it?

Two years ago. I think I've learnt a fair amount in that time, too. I had watched the movie "hackers", and thought hacking looked cool. After I looked into it and found it was much different than what the movie portrayed, I was even more interested. Ever since then I've been hooked. It's my way of getting to use my mind, cause standard life is far from interesting, unfortunately :(

edit: well, my current life. Not all life, and hopefully mine heads toward a more interesting one.

0 0

stealth- wrote: [quote]EDIT - fun fact: I read a large document about 5 years ago on how to be a hacker. It told me one thing I should do is practice martial arts. That was my first motivation to practice.

This one? http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html That's the one that got me into hacking, it does mention martial arts somewhere in there. Good read if you havn't read it before.

edit: url tags fail :([/quote] That looks similar to the one I read… 3 years ago? I can't remember.

Martial Arts. Hmm. If I wasn't so lazy I would do some myself, but soccer does similar for me. (Well what i hope is similar).

Recursacro wrote: Good day,

I go by Recursacro. I'm a C++ coder, and I'm primarily into reversing. I've only been working on reversing for about a week now though (learning NASM via VTC and documentation), and I figured this would be a good place to go.

I hope to meet some people that can teach me about hacking in general, but particularly about reversing.

I'm beginning to like this guy already. C++, Learning Reversing… Good to see you here :) (I do the same, just not the 3D applications.)

You will find a lot of people around to help you. Have fun :)

0 0

If you are into reversing, I highly recommend lena151 tutorials on beginning reversing. They are very thorough and clear. They are available here http://tuts4you.com/download.php?list.17. Enjoy and welcome!

0 0

cyb3rl0rd1867 wrote: If you are into reversing, I highly recommend lena151 tutorials on beginning reversing. They are very thorough and clear. They are available here http://tuts4you.com/download.php?list.17. Enjoy and welcome!

Damn, these look delectable! Thanks a ton.

0 0

My pleasure;)

0 0

cyb3rl0rd1867 wrote: If you are into reversing, I highly recommend lena151 tutorials on beginning reversing. They are very thorough and clear. They are available here http://tuts4you.com/download.php?list.17. Enjoy and welcome!

Just looked at the first of those tutorials and it does look pretty damn good. If you are actually interested, take a good look at the first few of those, then take a look at the Application Cracking challenges to test yourself on the basics.. if you get stuck on anything, try skimming through those tutorials again and seeing if you can clear it up, if not try the HBH Articles.

I reckon doing that will get you sorted with the basics pretty fast :)

[Edit] and Welcome, you seem like you'll do well here. From reading your posts already I trust you're intelligent enough not to get stuck in the petty arguments, too personally. Apart from that I think you'll be a good addition to the community :)

0 0

reaper4334 wrote: [quote]cyb3rl0rd1867 wrote: If you are into reversing, I highly recommend lena151 tutorials on beginning reversing. They are very thorough and clear. They are available here http://tuts4you.com/download.php?list.17. Enjoy and welcome!

Just looked at the first of those tutorials and it does look pretty damn good. If you are actually interested, take a good look at the first few of those, then take a look at the Application Cracking challenges to test yourself on the basics.. if you get stuck on anything, try skimming through those tutorials again and seeing if you can clear it up, if not try the HBH Articles.

I reckon doing that will get you sorted with the basics pretty fast :)

[Edit] and Welcome, you seem like you'll do well here. From reading your posts already I trust you're intelligent enough not to get stuck in the petty arguments, too personally. Apart from that I think you'll be a good addition to the community :)[/quote]

Yeah, I plan to tackle those vids this weekend quite ruthlessly. Once I feel confident enough, I'll test my knowledge on the first application crack.

Thank you, and everyone else for the warm welcome. I too feel as though I'm going to fit in here well after some training.

@stdio: Yes, I've been there before, but I didn't remember the URL. I thank you kindly for your post.