Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Intro

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Hi guys, my name is (obviously) stealth-. Yeah, the hyphen is kinda important, I thought stealth would probably be a common alias so I added a hyphen to differentiate on the net, but I don't mind if you call me stealth here since there seems to be no other stealth (thats active).

Anyways, Im 15 and I live in B.C, Canada. I started hacking when I was 11. I was inspired by the movie hackers and expected a cheap thrill but found something much, much, more interesting. To be honest, I really know nothing about offensive computer security, I have mainly spent the last 4 years learning linux, so im very familiar with it and fully willing to help anyone here who wants it.

Actually, its not really 4 years. The downside to me getting into computers is that my parents are divorced and I spent one week at my moms, then one at my dads. Why do you need to know? Well, my dad doesnt have internet, and won't allow me to have it, so I've really only been online for 2 years and its not looking to change any time in the future. With that restriction in mind, I hope to get involved in the community as much as possible and learn as much as possible, because i've pretty much got everything about linux down so far.

I am learning Python, and just started learning C, but other than that I only have experience with shitty VB.

So I hope to talk to you guys and get involved, and learn some hacking :)

Stealth-

0 0

Hi, buy a book.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

ummm….. why? If this is a reference to buying a programming book, I got one in pdf. I guess I didn't mention I'm allowed to bring my laptop to my dads, just no internet.

:(
80 120

stealth- wrote: because i've pretty much got everything about linux down so far. I'm assuming this was meant to be a humorous exaggeration, right? Your screenshot shows that you're currently rocking the Ubuntu which is, strangely, the least Linux-y version of Linux out there. Even if you have tried other distros, I doubt you're a full-out master of all things Linux. Or I'm an idiot.

I am learning Python, and just started learning C, but other than that I only have experience with shitty VB. Just because the language is Windows-based doesn't make it shitty. Sure it's slightly less convenient for those of us able to break from Microsoft's hold, but that doesn't make it any less powerful. I'm not promoting VB, or anything, just stating that you shouldn't underestimate it.

So I hope to talk to you guys and get involved, and learn some hacking :) Aye. Welcome, man, and enjoy your stay. I'm sure you'll find that everyone here is friendly and loves answering anything you might happen to ask.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

@futility

I didn't mean "full out master of linux", but now that I look back it kinda sounds like that :)

Well just to clear stuff up, I meant i've learnt as much as I can without learning anything in other areas to further support my learning in linux.

As for ubuntu, I stay with it because I enjoy the community and helping people on irc. I run a debain server and i've tried gentoo. I considering getting fedora core to replace the machine you saw the screenshot on. I've also tried all other varients on *buntu, if that means anything.

I really didn't like VB because I found I had a hard time getting used to python after that, and a even harder time getting used to C. I actually learnt to program in logo through my school. Well, I didn't finish that section of the course, I considered the teacher to let me work on a python project rather than doing that.

0 0

Futility wrote: Aye. Welcome, man, and enjoy your stay. I'm sure you'll find that everyone here is friendly and loves answering anything you might happen to ask.

Friendly? Answering everything? :o Friendly maybe, when someone is not making a stupid post (as they might not realize at the time). And everything certainly doesn't get answered.

Anyways, welcome stealth-. Just a little note, I started of in VB (back in the days, when I knew nothing about programming) and it can be used for "powerful" things although…let's just say that I don't normally use it anymore.