Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

c4p_sl0ck

0 0

Hey guys.

I've been around here more or less since September 2006. There has been times when it was a lot less. Anyway, thought I might as well write an introduction.

I'm 20 years old, live in Sweden and study Computer Science at a university. That's me in short. :P

I have been programming since I was about 15 years old. I started with Visual Basic and still know it pretty well, although I don't use that much now. Then I went on to PHP and MySQL and have been running a site for a year now (not that much traffic but it's fun to have and play around with). A couple of months ago I started with Lisp at school. Some of my class mates really hate it, but I find it quite peaceful. xD And recently I started with Ada and C++, I have been playing with C++ before but only basic stuff.

So, that's me. If you want to know something else, just ask. /c4p_sl0ck

0 0

Welcome to hbh. Have fun. Good luck with C++. Shouldn't be too hard to learn (as I'm sure you figured out with other languages since it's just a change in syntax).

0 0

Hey, I'm new here but if you need help with C++ I can probably help you. I don't know everything, but I know enough to help you with anything that you'll be trying while you're learning C++. :)

0 0

Ada and Lisp? Let me guess… You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? :P Wait… that's me.

Good to see you around again, and I hope this is a sign that you'll hang around more often. It's good to see you moving away from Visual Basic. ;)

0 0

Thanks guys!

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Ada and Lisp? Let me guess… You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? :P Wait… that's me.

Good to see you around again, and I hope this is a sign that you'll hang around more often. It's good to see you moving away from Visual Basic. ;)

Yeah, well. Gotta learn more languages. ;) Gotta learn 'em all! (some weird pokémon reference, don't even know why I wrote that :|)

Banned
0 0

c4p_sl0ck wrote: Gotta learn 'em all! (some weird pokémon reference, don't even know why I wrote that :|)

I lol'd.

Learning C++ is a good step from VB

• I went straight from VB to C++ and I can really tell how much more power I have. :evil:

Retired
10 0

Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)

Let me quote two things from that website.

Latest posts: [C Source] Re: [P4StdLib][C] Version 1.5 by p4ll4t0n January 17, 2009, 10:32:26 pm [C Source] Simple Http Downloader by p4ll4t0n January 15, 2009, 09:23:16 pm [C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by p4ll4t0n January 14, 2009, 01:56:38 pm [C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by ShapeShifters January 14, 2009, 12:17:08 pm [C++ source code] Random Password Generator by iBlaze January 12, 2009, 11:56:51 am

News Box: We are beginning to get activity, Keep it up everyone!

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Let me guess… You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? :P Wait… that's me. Hey, that's me too. :D

If you like lisp, you might be interested in reading my scheme articles since scheme is a lisp derivative. And if you want help with C++, shoot me a pm.

It's good to see the introductions section actually turning out decent threads. Yay for successful improvements!

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]yours31f wrote: Since you guys are learning C++ may I say cthecode.com/forum we are always here to help. (Yes promotion)

Let me quote two things from that website.

Latest posts: [C Source] Re: [P4StdLib][C] Version 1.5 by p4ll4t0n January 17, 2009, 10:32:26 pm [C Source] Simple Http Downloader by p4ll4t0n January 15, 2009, 09:23:16 pm [C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by p4ll4t0n January 14, 2009, 01:56:38 pm [C++ source code] Re: Random Password Generator by ShapeShifters January 14, 2009, 12:17:08 pm [C++ source code] Random Password Generator by iBlaze January 12, 2009, 11:56:51 am

News Box: We are beginning to get activity, Keep it up everyone! [/quote]

Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going

Banned
0 0

clone4 wrote: Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going

And I am not here to prevent that from happening. I merely tried to state that the amount of inactivity on that particular forum might cause trouble for a C++ newbie. OP would probably be better off using well-worn roads and relied-on texts, rather than joining a(n) (still) inactive community with questionable experience and content.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]clone4 wrote: Maybe little too harsh, cut the guy some slack, he's just trying get his forum going

And I am not here to prevent that from happening. I merely tried to state that the amount of inactivity on that particular forum might cause trouble for a C++ newbie. OP would probably be better off using well-worn roads and relied-on texts, rather than joining a(n) (still) inactive community with questionable experience and content. [/quote]

Ok, that's a valid point, but if everyone does the same, new sites never have chance to succeed or gain experienced community. All I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with little promotion, and the way you posted seemed a little…aggressive against yourse31f, since you haven't said this in the initial post

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Let me guess… You drink Earl Grey tea and watch 60's re-runs on TV, too, don't ya? :P Wait… that's me. ynori7 wrote: Hey, that's me too. :D

If you like lisp, you might be interested in reading my scheme articles since scheme is a lisp derivative. And if you want help with C++, shoot me a pm.

It's good to see the introductions section actually turning out decent threads. Yay for successful improvements! Well… I think that, if I ever went back to coding in a dated language, it would be Turbo Pascal. Just love it; it's got the best of all worlds when it comes to syntax. ;)

I agree: The introduction threads have been great. Also (and completely unexpectedly), the introduction section has attracted more activity from established members than it has new ones. Maybe it will turn out to have the pleasant side-effect of doing what the hacker interviews were supposed to do.

The People vs. CTheCode.com stuff

I agree that there is no harm in promoting a site. I disagree with promoting a site that has "Coming Soon" covering almost the entirety of the main page content. At least get some basic content on the site before you shoot out a link. Those areas aren't very hard at all to get coded, anyways.