Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Hawk_Wolfram here

0 0

Hello All,

I am a Senior Java Developer in America. I work for the corporate enterprise, but it beats getting wet when it rains. I have my B.S. in Computer Science, and am a former U.S. Marine. I have always liked computer security and coding (my first machine was the C64 I still have in my basement today). I have a cluster in my basement as well (close to 20 boxes), and am learning Erlang to try and take advantage of the cluster. This site is great, and I am learning a lot. Even helped me to tighten up some of my web apps at work:)

-Hawk

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Welcome Hawk.

Enjoy your stay here at HBH, if you have any questions/issues, feel free to post in the forums and/or PM me :)

-System.

0 0

Thanks guys. This does seem like a really good community.
@system_meltdown : Roger, will do. @-cL : What are you looking to run? I had mostly cobbled together the cluster to do the RSA Challenge, but they closed the contest,. So I have been looking for some other project to put it to use. But I am still into the factoring of arbitrarily large composites of two primes, just because it is fun to look at the problem in different ways.

-Hawk

0 0

-cL wrote: [quote]**hawk_wolfram wrote:**I had mostly cobbled together the cluster to do the RSA Challenge, but they closed the contest,. So I have been looking for some other project to put it to use. But I am still into the factoring of arbitrarily large composites of two primes, just because it is fun to look at the problem in different ways.

-Hawk

You could make an insanely cool rooting challenge for HBH :P

With Live action rooting :D[/quote]

I've already done this. I set up a completely insecure box running windows XP, no firewalls running nothing. Nobody could get in :wow:

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

slpctrl wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: [quote]**hawk_wolfram wrote:**I had mostly cobbled together the cluster to do the RSA Challenge, but they closed the contest,. So I have been looking for some other project to put it to use. But I am still into the factoring of arbitrarily large composites of two primes, just because it is fun to look at the problem in different ways.

-Hawk

I've already done this. I set up a completely insecure box running windows XP, no firewalls running nothing. Nobody could get in :wow:[/quote]

I don't even remember seeing that o_O

0 0

system_meltdown wrote: [quote]slpctrl wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: [quote]**hawk_wolfram wrote:**I had mostly cobbled together the cluster to do the RSA Challenge, but they closed the contest,. So I have been looking for some other project to put it to use. But I am still into the factoring of arbitrarily large composites of two primes, just because it is fun to look at the problem in different ways.

-Hawk

I've already done this. I set up a completely insecure box running windows XP, no firewalls running nothing. Nobody could get in :wow:[/quote]

I don't even remember seeing that o_O[/quote]

I made a thread about it, I hosted it for a few days. It wasn't anything really long term.

0 0

I never saw that, but you should do it again that would be fun. Just about anybody should be able to get into the box you described.

0 0

Manual_ wrote: I never saw that, but you should do it again that would be fun. Just about anybody should be able to get into the box you described.

I was quite surprised. Completely unpatched, it was a CD I've had for years and years and it didn't have SP2 so, yeah it was pretty insecure. I think only a hand full really tried, or were at least PMing me about various things.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

slpctrl wrote: [quote]Manual_ wrote: I never saw that, but you should do it again that would be fun. Just about anybody should be able to get into the box you described.

I was quite surprised. Completely unpatched, it was a CD I've had for years and years and it didn't have SP2 so, yeah it was pretty insecure. I think only a hand full really tried, or were at least PMing me about various things.[/quote]

I think that stdio did the same thing, but the only people actually trying was me and jjbutler, so that wasn't very successful either. I think I vaguely recall when you did it, and it was for really short period of time(might be wrong though, it's quite a while)… Some group mentoring or generally more input to the site regarding to rooting would be quite nice, since if anybody asks for rooting he is alsmost immediately sent to smash the stack

oh and of course welcome hawk, enjoy your stay ;)

0 0

slpctrl wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: [quote]**hawk_wolfram wrote:**I had mostly cobbled together the cluster to do the RSA Challenge, but they closed the contest,. So I have been looking for some other project to put it to use. But I am still into the factoring of arbitrarily large composites of two primes, just because it is fun to look at the problem in different ways.

-Hawk

That would be nifty. Just replace a shell in /etc/shells, then assign that to a login ticket issued from HBH, with uname and passwd. Might be fun to do that, and see how many members can get "around" the system. @system_meltdown : You have any comments on something like this?

-Hawk

0 0

Hey hawk! As system allready said, hope you have a good time here on HBH on stay for a long time aswell!

[offtopic]

I remember someone setup a rooting challenge like that not that long ago, dunno if it was you slptctl or stdio though.

[/offtopic]

0 0

Hey hawk, welcome to the site. If you need any help or anything, feel free to hit me up with a PM or on MSN.

0 0

@root_op : Thanks Brother, appreciate it.

@Skunkfoot : Also thanks to you for the offer as well.

I will probably have a bunch of questions along the way, no doubt.

-Hawk

0 0

Welcome here Hawk_Wolfram, if you have any question feel free to ask…

About the rooting challenge, it will be an excellent idea since it will be much more realistic than the rooting challenges here in the site…

0 0

I think I will start that. Any of the mods want to offer some advice about the correlation between the site credentials and the challenge? I ask because I was thinking either of the SSH applet that could be hosted here, then have it hit my box(es) with the username for the challenge credit. Initial password would be generic of course… Then upon challenge completion, a simple post back to a PHP page? What are the opinions?

-Hawk

0 0

hey rooting will be great, will love to get some real experience that too ligally.

enjoy ur stay here, people here are very helpful.:)

0 1

I think the challenge sounds great…Just a question, out of curiosity. Does that C64 of yours still work?

0 0

clone4 wrote: [quote]slpctrl wrote: [quote]Manual_ wrote: I never saw that, but you should do it again that would be fun. Just about anybody should be able to get into the box you described.

I was quite surprised. Completely unpatched, it was a CD I've had for years and years and it didn't have SP2 so, yeah it was pretty insecure. I think only a hand full really tried, or were at least PMing me about various things.[/quote]

I think that stdio did the same thing, but the only people actually trying was me and jjbutler, so that wasn't very successful either. I think I vaguely recall when you did it, and it was for really short period of time(might be wrong though, it's quite a while)… Some group mentoring or generally more input to the site regarding to rooting would be quite nice, since if anybody asks for rooting he is alsmost immediately sent to smash the stack

oh and of course welcome hawk, enjoy your stay ;)[/quote]

Yeah, the short uptime was my bad, forgot I was in ssh and typed shutdown :right::angry:

For some reason it didnt get started back up again, though I did root it in the end (or so I recall, if not its very much on :ninja:)