Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Introduction to Me!

0 0

Hm, it appears some of the introductions are going into the Events General forum, but that doesn't really sound like a good place for them. I guess I'll post this up in the Lounge. Ok, enough rambling by me. ;) I'm a Freshman in High School at age 14 from the St. Louis Area, on the Illinois side. (No, not East St. Louis ;). You may not get this if you aren't from the area). Math and Science topics are my type of thing, since they include numbers and definite things. I can not stand English classes, because of their subjectiveness, and how much grading is based on the teacher's opinion.

I've been programming games with C/C++ in OpenGL for 2 years now, and I plan to either enter the Aerospace Engineering field or Game Programming field in the future. I've lurked here on HBH for a while now, as well as doing a few challenges on HTS.

Some of my recent projects include: B.E.A.M. style robotics (Simple solar powered robots), a few game programming projects, a lot of Counter Strike Source Gaming, and a homebrew CPU built out of the 7400 series of Logic Gates. I've just finished up the ALU. Yes, that CPU stuff would be something that would Most Likely include attending college courses. Somehow, by some act of whatever deity may happen to exist, I've figured out how this works by reading documentation of other homebrewed CPU's. As you may guess, I'm more of the type who prefers to stay at home rather than go out with friends. I could honestly not tell you the last time I actually was out with my friends to do anything. You can make the call if that's good or bad.

Anyways, that's me. I hope to pick up some knowledge here that may come in handy some time. Whether it comes when running my own server, helping someone out, or whatever.

Banned
0 0

Bad. Also; hi.

Also, can an admin finally cut to the chase and just create that introductions subforum, and move the intro threads into that one? If you're going to wait until later you will have a lot more (RegEx/SQL) work to do.

0 0

…Welcome.

0 0

14 years old…programming a home brew cpu from logic gates…. im just gunna give up and roll out the red carpet =[

0 0

lol Mambo. If it makes you feel better, it has taken me a couple months to get myself to actually finish up the ALU. Now I'm procrastinating about doing the actual control scheme. I'm not exactly efficient at anything I do.:p

0 0

Ah, wonderful to be flying with your airlines! Let's have a dandy flight now. Screams are heard from the back of the plane in the background :ninja:

:(
80 120

spyware wrote: Also, can an admin finally cut to the chase and just create that introductions subforum, and move the intro threads into that one? If you're going to wait until later you will have a lot more (RegEx/SQL) work to do.

Done. Now I've got a question for you guys- should I post some guidelines to introducing yourself so we're not stuck with a billion

Hi, my name is 1337|-|4X0R and I'm new here posts? General location, languages, experience, etc? Or since it's "off-topic," should we just let the people say what they want?

And welcome to the new guy. Enjoy yourself.

0 0

My opinion is to let the new member introduce himself freely.

0 0

spyware wrote: Also, can an admin finally cut to the chase and just create that introductions subforum, and move the intro threads into that one?

Futility wrote: Done.

Fan-fucking-tastic. I love change. Change is good. Didn't figure this one would get done so soon.

Futility wrote: Now I've got a question for you guys- should I post some guidelines to introducing yourself so we're not stuck with a billion [quote]Hi, my name is 1337|-|4X0R and I'm new here posts? General location, languages, experience, etc? Or since it's "off-topic," should we just let the people say what they want? [/quote] I'm a fan of posting guidelines. Shit, we make guidelines for posting threads and asking for mentors, why not have guidelines for introducing, too? We can just go a bit more lax on the harshness in the introduction thread. After all, everyone here started out as a noob… so, let's remember that when we respond to introductions, k?

god_peet wrote: My opinion is to let the new member introduce himself freely. moshbat wrote: More fun for all, I think. "Freely" can be interpreted in a few ways… so, for now, we'll just let it mean "as freely as anyone should be in the forums". As far as the fun, I think it's more fun to retain members to give them a chance to improve and become valued… than to scare them off immediately. Give them the intro and, if they post retarded after that, then we unleash hell. The guidelines could be the incoming and outgoing defense on that one.