Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Basic 8 Help

0 0

I am confused about how to inject my SQL into the address bar. I have attempted using index.php?password= and then my SQL code, and then clicking log in and checking the source code but this doesnt work. Could someone point me in the right direction?

0 0

Well, for one, you're injecting it in the wrong place and for two, it's not password=, don't just guess that, try looking in the source for some "good" info.

0 0

Try looking for a commented out part. And remember, keep the SQL very simple.

0 0

OK i know now that i need to use the comment part of the source code that i found so that it reads index.php?sql_*****= instead of what i was using initially… index.php?password= but it is still not working. The sql code i am using is REMOVED BECAUSE OF SPOILER. I am however still confused as to where to inject the code. I believe I need to inject it into the address bar, but this does not seem to be working.

I have also tried making my sql code more broad by using * in more places, leaving the WHERE field out and a few other things but this also did not work. Any tips to get me going from here would be appreciated.

0 0

index.php - you sure about that?

0 0

Paintballa, remove the spoiler and use a more generalized SQL statement.

0 0

anything more general then SELECT * FROM [removed: displayed the answer] ???????

0 0

Maybe Xyng, you might want to remove that partcoughhintcough

0 0

why remove it? it isn't right. This whole challenge isn't right…

0 0

Yeah it is, you're probably just injecting it into the wrong place on the challenge.

0 0

I think he's referring to the fact you cannot use the wildcard * for the FROM command in real injections. At least that's what I thought…

0 0

nights_shadow wrote: Yeah it is, you're probably just injecting it into the wrong place on the challenge.

you can do the injection in 2 places here and it doesn't work, or is it a guessing-file thing again?

0 0

i think my problem is that im just typing the injection in without "escaping" it first so that the sql will execute. But i have tried various ways of doing this but it doesnt seem to work either…

0 0

Xyng - Send me a p.m. about exactly what you're doing and i'll help you out with it. I'm sure there must be something simple your missing.

0 0

this is the code im using. but its doesnt work. any help? secure-area.php?action=SELECT*FROMPersonsWHEREFirstName='Drake'

0 0

Neoquesty wrote: this is the code im using. but its doesnt work. any help? secure-area.php?action=SELECT*FROMPersonsWHEREFirstName='Drake'

well the main idea is the following:

– First of all: what makes you think 'action' can be a $_GET variable from the second php ??? – Send of all: think, dud, open a mysql session and try to type that down … how many errors would you get ??? - the mysql 'command' if i may say that - must actually work …. – What makes you think 'FirstName' it's a mysql row from the specified table !?!?!? – Anyhow, keep the syntax verry clean - and "SHORT" - verry short ……….. (i'd include a condition - i'd really do it - but it seems here it's as short as posible) – check out the original error query letters … and remember: SELECT != select

cya