Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 7

0 0

i downloaded the ultraconverter from this site and put in hex dec oct and bin after i found pass and username in source i tried taking out spaces and leaving them in and none of it works what am i doing wrong

0 0

Right, you don't need the spaces and are you editing the cookie or just putting them in the submit boxes?

0 0

i have googled cookies in javascript so im still looking for answer if i need to edit the cookie before the first login i havent found while searching yet so no i havent edited anything except changing with encryptor so i have just taken what i see as username in source and entered that into encryptor and then put that into login but hasnt worked

0 0

Yeah, that's kind of what i thought. You need to change your cookies to the encrypted version.

0 0

am i going to need a copy of visual studio to edit the cookies and if so is there free copy somewhere cause i looked at how much they cost and man there not cheap

0 0

Huh? I have an article called Cookies on this site. Read that and look at some of the other forum posts on this challenge and you should get an understanding of how to change/view cookies.

0 0

When you use the Ultraconverter, do you have to put the dec oct hex and bin in the cookie without spaces for each username and password?

0 0

Yes, you do not need any spaces in the encryption.

0 0

well i got it yesterday and thanks that article really helped i dont know why i didnt see it before i normally check the second part was pretty easy after googling for a couple of minutes

0 0

i hope this isn't a spoiler but i used the javascript:void(document.cookie="username=binary without spaces" ) and i did the same thing with the password but still nothing happens. Where's my mistake?

0 0

Well, i'd asterix some parts, cuz that is a bit of a spoiler. Then, also, you did use username= and not theactualusernameoftheperson= right? Well, you have to press enter after every command, you have to end the statement with a ;. You don't need that space inbetween the " and ). Also, it only sets the cookie, you have to click submit or something to actually view the page with your new set cookie.

0 0

Yeah i actually used username and i put " ) because if i put them together it makes that doofy winking emoticon thing. I just refreshed the page, i didn't click submit so that may be my problem.

0 0

Thanks it worked. But how would i have known to only use binary if i didn't look in the forums? I used the ultraconverter from this website and it gave me all kinds of codes….