Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 6??

0 0

Ok. Im stuck here. according to what I have read, chmod with a numbervalue (lets say 555) changes the access someone has to a file. far as I can tell, that is what I have to do first, followd by a & to execute the command. rm is to remove the file? thing is, do I have to type the full directoy path of the file, or just the file name? and how do I view the rest of the folders content to find the other file that has to be removed?:@

ANY help whould be appreciated

0 1

dont use a number value. There is another way to change the file permissions ;)

0 0

grrrrr. HTH do I figure out in which directory this file is?:@

0 0

Logic :)

0 0

I've tried thisone with:

chmod 777 dirtofind/. delete dirtofind/.

dirtofind is a directory with logs.txt in. Shouldnt that be correct?

And what would the third command be for?

0 0

Shit dude, i don't even know where to start, if I miss something people, just tell him. Alright:

1.) There are three commands, not two 2.) It isn't delete, it's remove (rm) as stated in the first post 3.) You don't use numbers (as stated in the second post) 4.) I'm not sure what the asterix are for, but you don't need them.

0 0

okay, so I found the directory the files i need to rm. Apparently this isn't a spoiler because it didn't work, but i put down

[removed - yes it was a spoiler]

Where is my error? Can I get a push…or like a chuck in the right direction?

0 0

Remember to use:

$(space)command

Example:

$ ls

That's what could be wrong, although from your edited post it could be a number of things. "rm" is correct, though.