Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Basic 12

0 0

Alright I was able to include the file with the password and grab it and i got the password and realized it was encrypted in DES i have john the ripper but i have no idea how to use it though i did get the command to work so i need help in that. Also i know that brute force will take FOREVER so i was wondering if some1 had a word list. Either all of this or could some one tell me of an online DES wordlist or something like all the md5's iv decrypted so far i was able to use an online wordlist or the aim bot md5library ;-) so maybe an online des library or something would be nice :-) thanx in advance.

0 0

well first thing you should do before giving up learning how to use new tools is to search for help. do you think you're the first person that doesn't know how to read the help files that are included?

google: john the ripper faq the first hit will give you a list of frequently asked questions, yes the one you asked is covered there.

google: john the ripper wordlist the first hit will give you enough wordlists, to complete any challenge on this site requiring one.

if after this you still have a specific problem we'll be all glad to help.

0 0

Alright after playing around with john the ripper for a long long time without any good results i need to ask how to set it so it knows its DES and how insert the password john-mmx –wordlist=password.lst –rules "pass.txt" and saving the password to pass.txt i am nowhere but it cant find the hashes… some1 help even if its pm i had a friend find the password for me already and solved the challenge i just would like to know how to use this program….

Admin from hell
0 0

There are a lot of jtr tutorials out there google for them, Here is a good one to start with,http://www.governmentsecurity.org/articles/BasicJTRtutorial.php.