Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

basic 5- how did it work

0 0

I spent about an hour or two on basic 5 (much longer than the 2 minutes I spent on 1-3, and still longer than the 5-10 minutes that basic 4 took me) but I'm wondering just why the answer I got worked.

I knew that * was wildcard. I tried some things like : in the username: password field with no luck. I did notice that when I put @.* in the email box it gave me an error saying:

username=* password=*

I thought that might have something to do with something, but I wasn't sure.

Well I got amazingly close to the answer at one point. [I'll not include what I put for fear it might be considered a spoiler] and when I turned up nothing I got frustrated. I went to the forum for a small tip that might help when someone said like "emails are someone @ somewhere . something but instead of .something try :something"

Of course some fools in that thread still couldn't figure it out <.< Sure enough I understood exactly what he said and got it immediately. But I want to know just why the answer worked. Could someone help explain to me exactly what those wildcards replaced and just what I requested from the database?

Banned
0 0

b1tw1s3 wrote: I spent about an hour or two on basic 5 (much longer than the 2 minutes I spent on 1-3, and still longer than the 5-10 minutes that basic 4 took me) but I'm wondering just why the answer I got worked.

I knew that * was wildcard. I tried some things like : in the username: password field with no luck. I did notice that when I put @.* in the email box it gave me an error saying:

username=* password=*

I thought that might have something to do with something, but I wasn't sure.

Well I got amazingly close to the answer at one point. [I'll not include what I put for fear it might be considered a spoiler] and when I turned up nothing I got frustrated. I went to the forum for a small tip that might help when someone said like "emails are someone @ somewhere . something but instead of .something try :something"

Of course some fools in that thread still couldn't figure it out <.< Sure enough I understood exactly what he said and got it immediately. But I want to know just why the answer worked. Could someone help explain to me exactly what those wildcards replaced and just what I requested from the database?

Add me on AIM, Ill tell you, Id rather not post it in public.

my AIM is: LRS Sungod

0 0

could you pm me the logic behind this as well? i got the answer but didn't understand why it worked