Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

How long Basic 12

0 0

I found the hash and all, but I want to know how long it took everyone to crack it? Im using JTR by the way…

0 1

it shouldnt take long.

a really simple dictionary file should pic it up.

0 0

That is wierd… It has been 15 minutes, and it is still trying to crack… but also the wordlist isnt working correctly it comes up with this error…

Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support
Loaded 1 password hash (Traditional DES [24/32 4K])
guesses: 0  time: 0:00:00:01 100%  c/s: 91843  trying: Forestin - Younggin

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\MYDOCU~1\john171d\JOHN1701\RUN>```

0 0

mine's taken 30mins so far… is there a good .lst file that i could use for jtr?

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I used cains wordlist

0 0

…:D

0 0

yep, having the same problem with JTR

just sat here twiddling me thumbs!

:@

0 0

cains wordlist worked a treat! Cheers system.

^_^

0 0

@Zinya

I prefer to use JTR, but dont normally have to wait as long as this.

I can crack a full c*bill log faster than JTR is doing this one!

NVM grab anothe beer, sit back and wait!

B)

0 0

:D ok, just cracked it, for ne one else using JTR make sure you have a good wordlist and use

john -w=password.lst passwd.txt

john - the name of the JTR exe file could also be john-mmx

-w - use wordlist

password.lst - this is the name of your password list, dont use the standard one that comes with JTR as its probably too small

passwd.txt - where you put the user password hash

as long as you have a good list JTR will get it within a minute or less.

Cheers

Dantronix :D

0 0

and where is this hash? i tried including everything, all different kinds of /protected/.ht****** and the such but nothing works

0 0

i was able to crack it in 2 minutes using JTR and TheArgon (== 24MB passwrd.lst) hint: get the newest version of JTR 1.7.1 (for win) or 1.7.2 (*nix) and change the password list in the config file. then you only need to enter this small line

john-386 passwd

where passwd == the fille that holds the user:hash info hint: make sure you are in the right directory, every thing needs to be in the same dir.

hope that helped, greetz PostalCyber

ps. i did used my AMD athlon 3000+ :)

0 0

yet again > and where is this hash? i tried including everything, all different kinds of /protected/.ht****** and the such but nothing works

0 0

is it an md5 hash?, or is a a DES hash, and in that case, what is the salt?

0 0

found the hash, got JTR softwear…(linux), installed it, tryed doing as i read but am getting a error, tryed looking up the answer in the faqs…but no help there, can i get some help here?

[root@localhost root]# cd /root/john/run [root@localhost run]# ./john -w=cains.lst /root/p.txt No password hashes loaded [root@localhost run]#