Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

I need hints for Basic6.HELP.

0 0

Help me at Basic6. Plese!

0 0

Be more specific. What are you stuck on? What have you done? What have you tried? What do you think needs to be done?

0 0

i also need help with 6.

i did 1-5 pretty easily, but i dont know unix commands and stuff.

what does chmod mean?

all and execute?

??

:o

0 0

look up unix commands

0 0

Also, let it be noted, the right syntax for chmod all+execute is a+x, don't do that dashed command that it says in most articles.

0 0

why not just do a chmod 777 or a chmod 111?

0 0

'cuz that's how the mission is set-up

0 0

tis a bit stupid if you ask me i was using $ chmod 777 etc until about 2 days ago

0 0

Ok, I'm really confused. I think I have the gist of this mission, but I don't understand the basics…This logs.txt file, where does this exist? I tried to use the unix command to view the files in the folder (ls),but HBH just tells me that I used the wrong command.

Also, is it even possible to execute just one of those commands at once, because I don't even know if I'm doing just one of the commands correctly if I get an error every time I try to do them all.

I'm just really frustrated because I'm confused how this UNIX command line is embedded in here, if I can't really run it like a UNIX shell. I need to view the directory, and when I try to execute that command, it just says I didn't use the correct command

0 0

Okay, first you need to a little poking around in the mission to find the correct directory, just some educated guesses will do.

Then with some reasearch into commands you'll get it its piss