Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

yeah.... another basic 6

0 0

right, I have NO clue (i checked google) what the synantax is for unix.:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@ I've checked other threads, but no help. PM me if u can help

0 0

Then what did you google for?

When I type in just 'UNIX' I get loads of results, and when I specify I also get a decent amount of hits….

0 0

i searched for "unix commands" but i cant find the right way to type it!!! It goes something like <–! #exec="ls ./"–> right? the part in bold i dont kno

0 0

I'm afraid not, that's SSI ;)

Search for this: UNIX commands

Take the first result. (searched on www.google.be)

0 0

so like this(edit if spoiler)? "***" doesnt work!

0 0

also, this is the first website:http://www.indiana.edu/~uitspubs/b017/

0 0

yup, same here. That's all you'll need.

0 0

but using the plain command doesnt work. for ex. "*****" when submitted:

Invalid Command

Please enter the correct Command

0 0
  1. whipe that spoiler !!!
  2. add a space behind $ ;)
  3. strange, is ****.*xt located in the folder s6 ?

0 0

Also this basic is very very picky I have only ever got the syntax properly right once.

0 0
  1. k edited it,
  2. before, or after?
  3. if not there….. then where??

ps. plz sign onto MSN

0 0
  1. after
  2. where did you find the ****.txt?

0 0
  1. i didnt i cnt find the directory! and every other thread, nights_shadow is like> I mean where would a file like logs.txt be logically? im getting frustrated /w this one :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

0 0

Nice hint of nights_shadow. Think about the hint. The solution is very easy…

0 0

k i got it SO easy! everyone else who needs help, dont forget the "s" in both "logs" oops, said too much

0 0

why isnt this working

$ chmod +[all and execectute] /[name of the directory]/ $ remove /[name of the directory]/[file] $ remove /[name of the directory]/[file2].php

ive tried w/ like ../ ./ just / and no / in front of the directories etc and nothing seems to work

0 0

Roisoleil14 wrote: why isnt this working

$ chmod +ax /[name of the directory]/ $ rm /[name of the directory]/logs.txt $ rm /[name of the directory]/track_logs.php

ive tried w/ like ../ ./ just / and no / in front of the directories etc and nothing seems to work

1. wipe that spoiler
  2. you have to remove a certain character from each of your commands ;)

0 0

Nubzzz wrote:

1. you have to remove a certain character from each of your commands ;)

what do you mean, i tried removing the / in front of each dir. listing, that's teh only thing i can think of removing

0 0

would it be the $ ?