Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 6

0 0

I have found the folder and the two files within it. I am sure that I am using the correct Linux commands, but I keep getting the message:- "Invalid Command - Please enter the correct Command". I have remembered to start each command line with a $. I have put a single space after each dollar. My first line is a chmod command. My second and third commands are both rm commands. I have remembered to place the name of the subfolder, followed by a slash, before each filename. What am I doing wrong? Also, why do the instructions tell us to use chmod a+x for the text file? A text file cannot be executed. Making it executable does not help you to delete it. Would it not be more logical to give everyone write access, i.e. a+w? Then anyone could delete it.

0 0

Sorry - I have just solved it. Stupid mistake - accidentally typed the wrong extension on one of the files I was removing.