Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 12 give up

0 0

I am gonna skip this… after 5 hours of trying to get programs to work - I am not even talking about trying to "hack".

I was trying to get fiddler or nettool going because I honestly have absolutely no ****ing idea what else to do. It's extremely frustrating to try and install one program which for some funny reason "doesn't work". Then I tried to get hold of alternative programs which, who would of thought, also don't work.

Either the Linux terminal when installing (apt-get) gives errors or get browser errors like "Secure Connection failed" on Firefox or "This site cannot be reached" on Chrome.

So, after all this trying to fix this, trying that forum post or trying this to get these programs to work, I will just skip this as I can't spend all day on program installations, fixes and troubleshooting and trial and error stuff.

:|

…solved Basic 13 in 10 seconds :(

0 0

Gonna give you a spoiler here, unfortunately it's been hashed by a mysterious person ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):

b07286ebbb5bc7aa91cc3eaa8bc19711 df3f079de6961496f0460dcfdbf9bca3 779263ec4c1b5f9943badee2e45e66f9

Edit: Where did most of my hashes go?

10 9

I am gonna just skip this as I can't spend all day on program installations, fixes and troubleshooting and trial and error stuff. These challenges are classed as basic for a good reason, using tools like Acunetix, Burp Suite, Fiddler, BeEF or netTools is overkill of the highest order, as all that's needed for 90% of them, is a browser add-on that can spoof the headers and post parameters.

I honestly have absolutely no ****ing idea what else to do. Here's a crazy revolutionary idea, instead of googling for programs you think might do it for you, why not look for information about the actual challenge itself ? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hacking+a+password+protected+directory

Then you would know what's protecting the folder, what the filenames are, and exactly how you can access them. All done by hand too, and guess what, you don't need even need to install hands.

Told you it was crazy. thumbs up

0 0

I'm in a extremely bad place right now to find sarcasm amusing.

I got the program installed for the final part of this challenge and learned a few new things.

Thanks

10 9

I think there's a high probability that's a sarcastic thanks.

0 0

no, it wasn't a sarcastic thanks. It was a genuine thanks. My sarcastic thanks are usually in all caps followed by a :eyeroll: smiley or "…"