Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

basic 6

0 0

I would like to know if these challenges actually use a global approach or are hard-coded ? In a real environment, different approaches might work.

For example, to solve this in reality, one might try to simply delete the entire folder, or use two different commands to change the permissions. I tested this and it works (well, on my system).

In this challenge, only ONE solution is accepted ( and I think hard-coded into the system ) to allow only one.

However, especially in programming, there are many ways solve a problem, not just one

/imho end

10 9

Yes in reality you could do whatever you wanted, but because this is just a simulation, it lays out the steps needed to satisfy the criteria, so you get a better idea of exactly what's required to complete it. Challenges like this only accept one hard coded set of answers, but the regex for the other ones is way more flexible.

0 0

ah ok, I see thanks !