Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 10; Can't pass the level.

0 0

I hated to make a thread about this, I was doing fine passing the challenges until I got to basic 10. The range is "around 200 to 230 and 23 to 91"

(I'm only doing that challenges so I can post in the Python section something that I've been working on that I think is neat. Other forums seem to have dead Python sections I hoped HBH was different.)

I tried to search for proxies, and even restarting tor so many times, eventually I ended up writing a small python script to search a list of IP addresses (from proxy site) for a valid one. I finally got 54.204.39.209, which is indeed valid and in range. Yet I still cannot pass the challenge.

Any advice?

~ Sorry for my bad formatting and grammar/syntax

1,260 0

Doesn't look in range to me…

0 0

FikretPhh wrote: Doesn't look in range to me… Every single octet of the ip address is within 21-90 or 200-230 You might want to look again.

Unless thats not what it means, if thats the case then it would be harder

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Remember that some of those proxies just don't work , so they won't ever change your IP.

If it doesn't log you out of HBH when you click the link then the proxy doesn't work, HBH's cookies are IP based, so when your IP changes out you go.

Also, if you're just sitting on that page with the 403 error, and adding a new proxy and then refreshing it, that page is visible globally to everyone, …. even if you're not logged into HBH.

So on the off chance, If your proxy works, it would log you out , and you would still be sitting looking at that 403 error message.

If you ever need to hide your real IP and you use any proxy you"re unsure of, you should always check that it is actually masking your IP, before you go any further.

0 0

rex_mundi wrote: Remember that some of those proxies just don't work , so they won't ever change your IP.

If it doesn't log you out of HBH when you click the link then the proxy doesn't work, HBH's cookies are IP based, so when your IP changes out you go.

Also, if you're just sitting on that page with the 403 error, and adding a new proxy and then refreshing it, that page is visible globally to everyone, …. even if you're not logged into HBH.

So on the off chance, If your proxy works, it would log you out , and you would still be sitting looking at that 403 error message.

If you ever need to hide your real IP and you use any proxy you"re unsure of, you should always check that it is actually masking your IP, before you go any further.

It does work. (And if it didnt work, it wouldnt just use a direct connection, instead it wouldnt connect and chrome would get an error about "Unable to connect to proxy server") It logs me out, and my IP changed on any IP checking sites. I also went back to basic10/ and clicked the link again.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Works fine from my phones IP, it's definitely the proxy that's the problem.

Good job, Some of you didn't even have to use a proxy to bypass this because your ISP already provides the range of the allowed ones. So just in case if you didn't have to change your proxy. All you had to do is just view the source of the error and you will see the range of IP addresses and then just find a proxy.

Click here to continue

0 0

rex_mundi wrote: Works fine from my phones IP, it's definitely the proxy that's the problem.

Good job, Some of you didn't even have to use a proxy to bypass this because your ISP already provides the range of the allowed ones. So just in case if you didn't have to change your proxy. All you had to do is just view the source of the error and you will see the range of IP addresses and then just find a proxy.

Click here to continue

Its not the proxy. :c My IP address did change though. And if it was the proxy not working Chrome would get that annoying 'Cannot connect to proxy server' error. But my ip does change, I am logged out, and I re-click the link.

My IP address: (from the proxy see?)

I tried making a gif showing me in the process, but after trying to edit the frames to remove my real IP, apparently I messed up somehow and ended up with a 104MB Gif file. ;-;

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

Yeah that matches your last logged in IP, so it's either not in the right range, or maybe its a port issue,

I'll check from work later, but you should try finding another proxy in the meantime, as the challenge works fine for me.