Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 10 - Understanding

0 0

I'm aware that I have to use a proxy to view this page that I'm requesting but I'm not understanding how to determine the right range of IP addresses. I've read in other forums that they are using 200+ IP ranges, but why is this?

I'm currently using FoxyProxy…but I'm not having any luck using it though.

PHP WARRIOR
2,490 1

did you get any message telling you which range to use? if not, look again and find that message.

philalethes
0 0

Scar0ptics wrote: I've read in other forums that they are using 200+ IP ranges, but why is this?

Are you asking why people are mentioning that IP range or are you asking why it can only be accessed by a limited range of IP addresses?

You just need to trick it into thinking you have an IP address in the range that it's asking for. It's just to help people understand proxy servers and restricting access to certain IP addresses using .htaccess, though in a real world situation I doubt very much that the range would be so wide.

0 0

Well now I'm assuming that I have to come across a message that tells me what range of IPs' the page is accessible, probable some kind of error page I'm guessing.

☆ Lucifer ☆
3,050 6

lol there only is one error page, use the same awesome skillz you needed for passing basic 1.

0 0

Ok, I needed slapped for that one..lol.. The last time I looked at this challenge I overlooked it. Although I would of passed it, I just had the FoxyProxy settings wrong but I prefer to use the proxy settings in Firefox anyway.