Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

about Basic 12 please!!!

0 0

Please i need your help with this basic, i have the user and the password, but i can't decrypt the password, and with jtr, it takes a long long time, so i stoped the process, can anyone pm me with the right solution… Thanks for your time..

EDIT: I get over it, just i google the password and i found the answer :)

0 0

I guess you're trying to bruteforce it. Use a wordlist instead, the Cain wordlist worked well for me.

0 0

by using cain and abel wordlist u can decrypt it in matter of seconds

0 0

Thanks a lot; i'll try this :D

0 0

Use jtr and a wordlist and you'll find out soon enough.

0 0

i found the password in the wordlist of cain & abel, so if we use C&A, we will get the password easily… ;)

0 0

informatikid wrote: i found the password in the wordlist of cain & abel, so if we use C&A, we will get the password easily… ;)

No, as far as I know you aren't able to crack this hash using C&A since it's DES encrypted which is not supported by Cain. You were supposed to make a dictionary-attack with JTR using the wordlist which comes along with C&A.

I hope everything is clear now because there are a lot of old articles discussing this topic