Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 6

0 0

Hello there.

I am slightly confused as to how I am supposed to find the "other file", as well as how to find the directory. I can guess a couple of names, but is there no more clever way to do this than by a wild goose chase?

I mean, do I really have to try to submit the code and hope that I by random chance guess the correct name for both the directory AND the other file, at the same time (with flawless syntax on each attempt)? Or do I have to try to access different subdirectories through the url (I've had no luck with this, either)? I am quite seasoned with *nix commands, so this is not the issue, it's about locating those unknown files/directories.

I don't want direct spoilers or pointers, but rather someone to put me on the right track / mindset.

I have noticed this in some of the previous (and I'm sure there will be more) challenges which relies on not much more than time and random luck, rather than intuition.. This kind of bugs me. Also, poorly written descriptions (both misguiding and grammatically incorrect) are not very helpful for the beginner who comes here to learn, rather than maintain their skill.

Thanks for your time, Krys

0 0

krystah wrote: Or do I have to try to access different subdirectories through the url (I've had no luck with this, either)? This is probably the easiest way of finding the directory. Seeing as you said you don't want pointers, I'm not sure if I should say any more.

krystah wrote: I have noticed this in some of the previous (and I'm sure there will be more) challenges which relies on not much more than time and random luck, rather than intuition.. This kind of bugs me. Also, poorly written descriptions (both misguiding and grammatically incorrect) are not very helpful for the beginner who comes here to learn, rather than maintain their skill. Yes, I find all of this annoying as well.

0 0

Thanks for the fast reply, that was all I needed. :)

Good to see others who share my opinions here, as well.

0 0

Guess I had a lot of luck then! It is rather common sense and textbook challenges.

You can always PM me.

0 0

hmmm… not used to typing $ at the start of every command line - what flavour of *nix is that meant to be?

0 0

Since this is a simulation, you can check the path on url bar, so that you can see where are they located. On the other hand do not forget to use $ at the beginning of commands (only one space is needed after $).

npm ERR!
0 0

Well, congratz on solving this one thumbs up