Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Basic 20, need some guidance

0 0

I try to logon with fire and water, all I am getting is the following message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /basic20/index.php on this server. Apache Server at challenges Port 80

I have viewed the cookies for this page and the one before trying logging on, but nothing is showing. Am i missing something, is the page working ok? Any help would be great,t hanks

JC

0 0

That's not part of the challenge, I don't know why that's happening for you. When I log in with fire and water the page displays "You are logged in as fire."

Is it still not working for you now?

0 0

starofale wrote: That's not part of the challenge, I don't know why that's happening for you. When I log in with fire and water the page displays "You are logged in as fire."

Is it still not working for you now?

Nope, running firefox on ubuntu BTW.

Edit, just tried on Google CHromium did not work either But it worked on Epiphany browser. OK need to see what add-ons i can get on that browser now. Thanks

JC

0 0

jeannot wrote: But it worked on Epiphany browser.

Hmmm. That's odd. Your browser shouldn't affect this at all.

What addons do you have installed on Firefox/Chrome?

0 0

starofale wrote: [quote]jeannot wrote: But it worked on Epiphany browser.

Hmmm. That's odd. Your browser shouldn't affect this at all.

What addons do you have installed on Firefox/Chrome?[/quote]

firebug, Cookie Editor, Web Developer, should this make a difference? I won't be able to solve this one on Epiphany i think.

JC

0 0

Firebug and Web Developer should be ok. I can't find any firefox addon called Cookie Editor so I can't tell if that would affect it - there's Add N Edit Cookies and Edit Cookies on https://addons.mozilla.org/

Try disabling all your addons and check if that works. If it does, then enable them one at a time to see which was causing the problems.

0 0

starofale wrote: Firebug and Web Developer should be ok. I can't find any firefox addon called Cookie Editor so I can't tell if that would affect it - there's Add N Edit Cookies and Edit Cookies on https://addons.mozilla.org/

Try disabling all your addons and check if that works. If it does, then enable them one at a time to see which was causing the problems.

No luck, I have disabled everything but I still can't logon. Could a moderator/Admin guy have a look at it. Thanks JC

0 0

Try logging out and back in to HBH? Maybe there was some screw up with your other tracking cookies?

I just did it on Chrome and Firefox and both worked fine…. I don't know how much a moderator/administrator could help you with a problem that is on your side. Are you sure you are logging in correctly (sounds stupid, but we all make stupid mistakes)?

Banned
0 0

Lets compare http headers, here's what you should see when you log in as fire:water:

(HTTP) POST /challenges/basic20/index.php HTTP/1.1 Host www.hellboundhackers.org User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 Firefox/3.6.8 Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8 Accept-Language nl,en-us;q=0.7,en;q=0.3 Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7 Keep-Alive 115 Connection keep-alive Referer http://www.hellboundhackers.org/challenges/basic20/index.php Cookie whoami=fire; fusion_visited=TRUE; user=18602.a335bcd640f64e119e7c72bf7d732824; fusion_user=18602.516108fe041b60821cdf7d33d2d5c248; fusion_lastvisit=1300592951; PHPSESSID=t1td2h86eup97esobqumhl05o7 Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length 28

And this is the response you should get:

(HTTP) HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:12:08 GMT Server Apache X-Powered-By PHP/5.0.4 Set-Cookie PHPSESSID=t1td2h86eup97esobqumhl05o7; path=/ Expires Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Cache-Control no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma no-cache Content-Encoding gzip Vary Accept-Encoding Content-Length 5638 Connection close Content-Type text/html

Admin from hell
0 0

I just tried it in FF, It works fine. The problem is on your end. I would check your options in FF and make sure you start it with no add-on enabled again.

0 0

Problem sorted!! :D Logged off, re-logged onHBH and I finally managed to progress to the next screen on level 20. Now let's get to work and see if I can crack it… Thanks guys JC

0 0

"Nice try, but that isn't the answer we were looking for, there is another way to bypass this login, maybe it's a MySQL login that uses cookies…" I got this text after using FireBug and FireCookies